discussions

Comcast upgrades website but keeps old Webmail page

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Comcast upgrades website but keeps old Webmail page

What is the top reason for visits to Comcast.net?  WEBMAIL

Accepted Solution

Re: Comcast upgrades website but keeps old Webmail page

The email is currently being re-vamped and rolled out, but not to everyone at once.  At some point you will be migrated to the new format, but it could be into 2017 by the time it happens.  There is no timeline right now as to when all customers will have the new one.

View answer in context
Email Expert

The email is currently being re-vamped and rolled out, but not to everyone at once.  At some point you will be migrated to the new format, but it could be into 2017 by the time it happens.  There is no timeline right now as to when all customers will have the new one.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

This sounds like a rolling BETA test! Oh, I get it, shock the least number of customers with each phase of the BETA.

Regular Visitor

Why revamp the email?  Is there any advantage to it?  I liked it the way it was.

Email Expert

Comcast is just trying to keep up with the times.  The new format is more mobile-friendly than the old one.  Yet it also serves to function adequately on desktop and laptops.  Or it will when they have all the features running.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

My email/inbox has been revamped. It's slower and I keep getting error messeges, mail could not be opened due to a disconnect from an outside server whatever. I want the old email back> the new one is NOT AN IMPROVEMENT IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD!!!

Email Expert

sls66 wrote:

My email/inbox has been revamped. It's slower and I keep getting error messeges, mail could not be opened due to a disconnect from an outside server whatever. I want the old email back> the new one is NOT AN IMPROVEMENT IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD!!!

Once you've been migrated to the new format, there is no way to revert to the old one.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have had trouble ever since they changed it. i absolutely hate it! I get error messages constantly and can't access my emails half the time.  I have trouble opening attachments and it keeps asking me if I want to save drafts over and over again.

This error message has been popping up all day.

"Error

The connection to remote server imap.email.comcast.net was refused or timed out while attempting to connect."
Email Expert

keychain53 wrote:

I have had trouble ever since they changed it. i absolutely hate it! I get error messages constantly and can't access my emails half the time.  I have trouble opening attachments and it keeps asking me if I want to save drafts over and over again.

This error message has been popping up all day.

"Error

The connection to remote server imap.email.comcast.net was refused or timed out while attempting to connect."

Are you using a desktop client like Thunderbird or Outlook?  Or are you on a tablet or what?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I look forward to an improved webmail tool... compared to Thunderbird or Outlook, the current email tool is horribly outdated.  I particularly hate that when I go to a new line and hit "tab" expecting to indent, the cursor gets lost somewhere.  Upgrading me can't come soon enough.  That said, getting Beta quality is never fun but in the universe of open source this is the new normal.  What's critical is the provider of the software, presumably Comcast/xfinity, need to provide a robust tech support service to capture the problems being reported and to provide regular updates on when new releases are available to replace a buggy current one.

PS... by "webmail tool" I presume we are referring to the email tool that comes up to show Comcast email when you press the icon on the main page

Email Expert

mselway000 wrote:

I look forward to an improved webmail tool... compared to Thunderbird or Outlook, the current email tool is horribly outdated.  I particularly hate that when I go to a new line and hit "tab" expecting to indent, the cursor gets lost somewhere.  Upgrading me can't come soon enough.  That said, getting Beta quality is never fun but in the universe of open source this is the new normal.  What's critical is the provider of the software, presumably Comcast/xfinity, need to provide a robust tech support service to capture the problems being reported and to provide regular updates on when new releases are available to replace a buggy current one.

PS... by "webmail tool" I presume we are referring to the email tool that comes up to show Comcast email when you press the icon on the main page

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by a "webmail tool".  But the old email format is from a company called Zimbra.  The new one is from Appsuite.  And yes, there are two or three major features that are not functional yet.  But I have to say it's an improvement over the old one, and it's aimed to please the mobile device users and yet still be usable on the desktop environment.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

The new upgrade just affected my email this week.  I had old emails still in my inbox that are no longer there.  Will those be returned to me?  I had them saved for a reason.

Thanks!

Email Expert

vickie0927 wrote:

The new upgrade just affected my email this week.  I had old emails still in my inbox that are no longer there.  Will those be returned to me?  I had them saved for a reason.

Thanks!

The existing emails should have migrated with the switch.  So I'm going to escalate your post to the forum admins and see if they can recover them for you.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon