Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast server blocked

Frequent Visitor

Comcast server blocked

Any email I've sent from my comcast email address to a hotmail account since yesterday is returned with the following message. I'd really like to be able to send to those folks... is this being addressed?

---

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-po-05v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.164]
Received-From-MTA: dns; resomta-po-19v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.243]
Arrival-Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:54:16 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; [redacted]@hotmail.com
Action: delayed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;  421 RP-001 (COL004-MC5F24) Unfortunately, some messages from 96.114.154.164 weren't sent. Please try again. We have limits for how many messages can be sent per hour and per day. You can also refer to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
Last-attempt-Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 06:36:17 +0000

Official Employee

Re: Comcast server blocked

We're working with them to resolve the issue.  The notice you recieved was to inform you the systems are still trying to deliver your messages.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the exact same issue with mail to msn.com.  Comcast outgoing server has been going off line several times the last few days and I'm getting bounce back messages like those that follow to email sent to msn.com and hotmail

"messages from 96.114.154.161 weren’t sent.

Rec’d from96.114.154.226

ACTION DELAYED

STATUS 4.1.1

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 421 RP-001"

or

" messages from 96.114.154.162 weren’t sent.

(Rec’d from 96.114.154.237).

ACTION DELAYED

STATUS 4.1.1

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 421 RP-001

Please try again. We have limits for how many messages can be sent per hour and per day. You can also refer to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors   for further explanation"

That link says "mail server IP connecting to Outlook.com server has exceeded the rate limit allowed.  Reason for rate limitation is related to IP/domain reputation. "

New Poster

I am having the same problems with hotmail and msn.  I am getting error messages that look like this:

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-po-05v.sys.comcast.net [96.XXX.XXX.XXX]
Received-From-MTA: dns; resomta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net [96.XXX.XXX.XXX]
Arrival-Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 18:36:52 +0000

I am also getting this error message:

Final-recipient: rfc822; jXXXX@hotmail.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 421 RP-001 (BAY004-MC5F15) Unfortunately, some messages from 96.XXX.XXX.XXX weren't sent. Please try again. We have limits for how many messages can be sent per hour and per day. You can also refer to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
Last-attempt-Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 02:04:36 +0000

Frequent Visitor

Same thing. Hotmail has been blocking Comcast's email for a few days. I guess it really is time to switch to my gmail accounts.

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 421 RP-001 (BAY004-MC3F14) Unfortunately, some messages from 96.114.154.170 weren't sent. Please try again. We have limits for how many messages can be sent per hour and per day. You can also refer to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
Last-attempt-Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:08:00 +0000

Frequent Visitor

FWIW, two days and it's still bouncing from hotmail.

Thanks for looking into this.

Frequent Visitor

Agree!  And no other way to contact Comcast about the issue.  To be clear the problem is with the Comcast outgoing servers, not those of us who are unfortunate Comcast customers trying to send email to domain msn or hotmail.  If you call Comcast you are put on interiminable hold and when someone finally answers they want to tell me that the problem is with my outlook!  I'm not using outlook!  The intended receipient at msn is!!!!

I tried to use the Chat help feature.  It just spins with "please wait"  FOR MORE THAN 45 MINUTES!!!

Official Employee

Again, I apologize.  We're working with MS to attempt to resolve the issue.  Their systems are setting limits on the number of messages our systems are allowed to send to theirs.  This is a fairly common technique used to combat spam attacks.  We've been in contact with various people at Microsoft to try to relax those limits, which they've done to a certain degree.  We're working through the backlog of messages trying to get the messages to those recipients.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Do you have a sense of when things will return to normal (or have they already)?

I have MacGyver'd a work-around, but it is a hassle.

Thanks for your attention to this matter. Customer Service was profoundly ignorant regarding this matter, and no help at all.

Official Employee

We'd be interested to know if folks are still having a problem with newly sent messages.  We believe the issue has been resolved, but if some are still seeing delays, it would be good to know so we can try to see if it's isolated, or more widespread.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I just sent one to see if it would bounce, but other notices have taken 6 hours or more for the mailer-daemon reply.

Frequent Visitor

It's very hard to tell because the mailer-daemon notice does not identify which emails to the recipient at msn.com have bounced and which have gone through.  I've had to call the recepient and review our email correspondence to identify which of my emails they received and which ones they did not.  Most resends seem to have gone through.  

Latest bounce message I received was Sunday 9/21 for email apparently sent 48 hours earlier:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients is still underway after 48.6 hour(s):

xxxxxxxx@msn.com

Will keep trying and contact you if the message can't be delivered permanently.

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-po-03v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.162]
Received-From-MTA: dns; resomta-po-07v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.231]
Arrival-Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 18:51:46 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; xxxxxxx@msn.com
Last-attempt-Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 19:27:19 +0000

Frequent Visitor

I do want to thank you for giving this issue your attention.  The only information available to us from Comcast has been your posts.  Phone calls to Comcast were of absolutely no help as they didn't understand the issue, let alone have any information regarding whether the problem was being addressed.  The on line chat function produced only "please wait" for more than 45 minutes, which is the same as not having that function.  And, I could find no other way to notify Comcast of the problem or find out if the issue was being addressed.  

If Comcast sincerely wants to improve is customer service image, it must do a much better job.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Agreed on Customer Service. Really disgusted by how frequently those folks don't have a clue - the ones I talked to clearly were unaware of the problem that CC_AA was already investigating.

Again, thanks again for being on it. Sure bleeds off the frustration knowing someone actually understands what's going on and keeps you posted on the fix. :-)

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Still cannot send from Outlook. Will show that it is sent, but not all recipients are getting my emails. This is so not good from a business standpoint! PLEASE HELP!

New Poster

Same thing, but I'm being blocked sending to an aol.com email acccount...

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.167]
Received-From-MTA: dns; resomta-po-02v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.226]
Arrival-Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 00:56:05 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; [redacted] @aol.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 <delidriver@aol.com>: Recipient address rejected: aol.com
Last-attempt-Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 00:56:06 +0000

Regular Visitor

Same thing, but I'm being blocked sending to a comcast account from a comcast using Windows Live Mail client.

Subject 'Re: Sent from Live mail'
Server Error: 421
Server Response: 421 resomta-po-02v.sys.comcast.net comcast ESMTP server temporarily not available, please contact support
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): Yes

Frequent Visitor

As of 10/17/15 all mail from Comcast server 96.114.154.167 is being blocked by Spam Database Network and spam filter used by many businesses.   See UCEPROTET at

http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=96.114.154.167

This filter blocks all mail from comcast server 96.114.154.167 because that IP used to try to deliver mail to "spamtraps" and comcast is not registered at "ips.whitelisted.org."

Comcast if you are really listening don't you think you should be on top of this!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Here are the headers of my mail blocked because Comcast server blocked by Spam Database Network:

Received: from reszmta-po-03v.sys.comcast.net (LHLO reszmta-po-03v.sys.comcast.net) (96.114.154.195) by resmail-po-191v.sys.comcast.net with LMTP; Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:14:15 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from resomta-po-20v.sys.comcast.net ([96.114.154.244]) by reszmta-po-03v.sys.comcast.net with comcast id M9EB1r0085Geu28019EFdY; Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:14:15 +0000
Received: from resqmta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net ([96.114.157.70]) by resomta-po-20v.sys.comcast.net with comcast id M8Fq1r00M1XQpsY019EFBN; Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:14:15 +0000
X-Caa-Spam: T00000
X-Authority-Analysis: v=2.1 cv=XqAHQgx9 c=1 sm=1 tr=0 a=rw6Gs+KZMpeQZRqE4p7CUw==:117 a=C_IRinGWAAAA:8 a=r77TgQKjGQsHNAKrUKIA:9 a=4WCwsmYLAAAA:8 a=uTS6Vm164L5Coms_25IA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=tFtcF-KgTHEA:10 a=E7xtSEz2ntcA:10 a=oi8Nm5zDAAAA:8 a=u0c5hs2O49XoYS4eymAA:9 a=8Vf30kMfbOMA:10 a=ZvZx7Dc_zTWW3auJ9EIA:9
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status; boundary="------------I305M09060309060P_788814431292550"
Delivery status notification

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.167]
Received-From-MTA: dns; resomta-po-14v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.238]
Arrival-Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:14:15 +0000

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [96.114.154.167] blocked using uce1.dnsbl; IP 96.114.154.167 is UCEPROTECT-Level 1 listed. See http://www.uceprotect.net/rblcheck.php?ipr=96.114.154.167
Last-attempt-Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:14:15 +0000

Regular Visitor

Novice55 wrote:

As of 10/17/15 all mail from Comcast server 96.114.154.167 is being blocked by Spam Database Network and spam filter used by many businesses.   See UCEPROTET at

http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=96.114.154.167

This filter blocks all mail from comcast server 96.114.154.167 because that IP used to try to deliver mail to "spamtraps" and comcast is not registered at "ips.whitelisted.org."

Comcast if you are really listening don't you think you should be on top of this!!!!!

Thanks for this information!

Official Employee
Moved: