Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast's new? email format!!

Regular Visitor

Comcast's new? email format!!

The so called "new email" format" is terrible! Why would anyone make a dumb move like that?

the comast email system was fully functional and easy to use and you changed it?

Who makes those kind of decisions? They surely need a reality check... or is it strickly bases on

profit!

One more dis-satisfied Comcast customer.

Ray Golley

Email Expert

Re: Comcast's new? email format!!

The new design is intended (I think) to be a compromise for users of both mobile devices and regular computers.  It's very reminiscent of an iCloud account, or even Outlook.com.  Once they get everything up and running it will be pretty good IMO.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! It is the worst change Comcast made and I DO NOT CARE for it. They took a easy and functional system to a "broken" format that is difficult or impossible to navigate.

Frequent Visitor

I agree that this new email format is terrible.  It seems that there are many issues that need to be corrected and I sincerely hope that Comcast is really working to fix them.  Right now it is extremely frustrating. 

Regular Visitor

Today my folders aren't showing up.  Login has failed on my phone.  

This app based email is the worst thing they have done.  

I can't search emails like I used to.  It doesn't do a search of the bodies of the emails, just the titles, so I can't ever find any old emails by doing a text search.

When will all the bugs be worked out???? Is there a way to change back to the old email???

Frequent Visitor

I agree!! I wrote Xfinity/Comcast or whatever the heck it is now about this numerous times.  The last one stated this:

1. We cannot even sort by the people we Send emails "To" -- there is only a "From" choice; and if you select that choice in the "Send" folder, it is not in alphabetical order -- it is all over the place!

2.  There is no deletion schedule like Jason and  Adam both said and sent a link to - that was the old email application. 

3.  Escape button to close the email only works if you click in the "received" email.

4.  When you click two times for the email to open, there is no way to get back out of it unless we select "mail."  The back button only shows when you click on the email the first time. 

5.  When we close out of our browser, open it again and log back into xfinity, it keeps saying there is still an email or emails open, after I already sent the email.

Email Expert

sandylu wrote:

I agree!! I wrote Xfinity/Comcast or whatever the heck it is now about this numerous times.  The last one stated this:

1. We cannot even sort by the people we Send emails "To" -- there is only a "From" choice; and if you select that choice in the "Send" folder, it is not in alphabetical order -- it is all over the place!

2.  There is no deletion schedule like Jason and  Adam both said and sent a link to - that was the old email application. 

3.  Escape button to close the email only works if you click in the "received" email.

4.  When you click two times for the email to open, there is no way to get back out of it unless we select "mail."  The back button only shows when you click on the email the first time. 

5.  When we close out of our browser, open it again and log back into xfinity, it keeps saying there is still an email or emails open, after I already sent the email.

As for searching, have a look here-------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon