Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast is automatically deleting all our email

Frequent Visitor

Comcast is automatically deleting all our email

The other threads on this issue are being closed and locked, with no resolution sugguested or official response. This issue needs to brought into the light and discussed, not hidden away. 

These new email retention settings are rediculous, ALL my sent messages are now deleted with no warning? I use only 1% of my data allotment for saved messages, what is the point of deleting the few messages I personally took the time to compose and archive for myself? 

This is just not right, all my work gone. I had all my settings set to never delete and the "new feature" just gets implimented without warning? The one email account I pay for, I thought was the one that would always be safe. What a mistke I have made in trusting Comcast to look out for my best interest. 

I can't beleave that Comcast wants to make it's clients cry, and suffer but at the moment I can't think of any other reason for this change. 

Email Expert

Re: Comcast is automatically deleting all our email

Comcast does not automatically delete anyone's emails.  Something else is going on.  Are you still on the old email format, or the new one?  Are you using only the webmail interface or a client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Do you have the account enabled on a mobile device in addition to your computer?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I just noticed yesterday that email prior to 11/3 is gone from all my devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac) and in xfinity connect and on xfinity.com.  At first my password wasn’t recognized on my iPad.  I had over 300 messages in my email account on my iPad but was being prompted for a password.  I had changed it on xfinity.com a month or so ago.  I put the password in several times but couldn’t get the account verified.  I checked on xfinity.com to make sure I had the password correct.  I’ve never been able to see more than 15 or so emails on xfinity.com which is why I use iOS and xfinity connect.   So now over 4 years of emails I needed to keep are gone.  

Is there any way to get my in box restored?

Tags (1)
Email Expert

I have an iMac and an iPhone and have not experienced what you are describing.  Are you sure you have the account enabled using IMAP on all three devices?  Are you getting an error saying that the password is invalid?  Are you in the new email format or still on the old one?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon