New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast email

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Comcast email

I am getting really frustrated trying to read my email messages.  It is so slow it has taken me an hour and 15 minutes to open and read 14 messages  I keep getting a message "comcast.net is not responding due to a long running script".  When I click 'stop script' it re-boots my email

Accepted Solution

Re: Comcast email

I'm a programmer and know what's going on. The email website is using an extremely old and long-known-to-be bad-and-obsolete technique (synchronous XMLHttpRequest) which is now blocked by both Chrome and Firefox (potentially IE/Edge as well). They will need to either fix their terrible code to use asynchronous XHR or we'll have to work around it by tweaking advanced settings in our web browsers. To my joy, I now see it's impossible to read my communications from Comcast (Why even send it there? Why not let me give you a different email address for communication? Why would I want/use a Comcast email address?) without me setting up a separate email client.

Please fix this, Comcast. Again, fellow customers, this problem is on their end, not ours. I just want to save you a wait in a support queue.

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

Having the same problem. Have tried with both IE11 and Firefox and it appears to be a comcast problem. Any solution comcast?????

Silver Problem Solver

dscowden1 wrote:

Having the same problem. Have tried with both IE11 and Firefox and it appears to be a comcast problem. Any solution comcast?????

Hello,

See if this will help.

The run script error has nothing to do with your browser it is IE has a progran that when it goes to various websites and if the websites has various coding issues the error will pop up.This may also happen with other browsers.

What you can do is try the following steps:

1. Form the toolbar select tools

2. Choose 'Internet Options.'

3. Click on the 'Advanced' tab.

4. Scoll down and find 'Browsing.'

5. Check mark 'Disable Script Debugging Internet Explorer' if you want you can place a check mark on  'Disable Script Debugging (Other).'

6. Click ok

Service Expert

And, if "Display a notification about every script error" is checked, uncheck it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

All of my settings were properly checked or not checked as suggested and I'm still having the

problem.  Appreciate your help though.

New Poster

I'm a programmer and know what's going on. The email website is using an extremely old and long-known-to-be bad-and-obsolete technique (synchronous XMLHttpRequest) which is now blocked by both Chrome and Firefox (potentially IE/Edge as well). They will need to either fix their terrible code to use asynchronous XHR or we'll have to work around it by tweaking advanced settings in our web browsers. To my joy, I now see it's impossible to read my communications from Comcast (Why even send it there? Why not let me give you a different email address for communication? Why would I want/use a Comcast email address?) without me setting up a separate email client.

Please fix this, Comcast. Again, fellow customers, this problem is on their end, not ours. I just want to save you a wait in a support queue.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the solution.  Now, Comcast, please get busy!

New Poster

Can no longer get into my comcast email.  I am set up at home with wifi and my own username and pw. Have bee with comcast since. 8/15-09/15? Everything was ok, although system is slow. Never had a problem getting into emails. Now when I click on email it just bumps me out with an error.

Frequent Visitor

Has there been any developments here?  Comcast email is virtually useless as it takes up to 10 minutes for the advertisement script on the right hand side to fully load.  If you try to stop the process, the page will reload and your back to waiting.  This is extreamly frustrating and clearly a programming issue - not the user or browser as others have already confirmed.

Gold Problem Solver

cobra10123 wrote: ... the advertisement script on the right hand side ...

You can turn off the ads along the right-hand side of the Xfinity Connect webmail Inbox here: http://my.xfinity.com/adinformation/. You may have to sign out and back in again for the change to take effect.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Bruce.  This has made an improvement, but Im still seeing the loading script, referencing zimlet or something which seems to hang like others have mentioned.  I had thought this was directly tied to the ads, but there must be other services as well.  Appreciate the assistance turning those off and hope Comcast will take a hard look at this soon.

Regular Visitor

I just got into my email for the first time this evening and it is working just like it used to...........and no ads on the right hand side!  Thank you Comcast or whomever was responsible for getting this frustrating problem taken care of.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Comcast email sync problem with Lenovo Cortana voice command

My mail app for LENOVO YOGA wont sync with Comcast email while im trying to use Cortana voice instructions, in other words Cortana isn't recognizing my voice command to send an email from my comcast server. I'm new to this tablet/laptop thing. I do have it inked and on my desktop on the Lenovo and can send from there, let me check, just got done woth Geek Squad, they said it was probably a Cmcast problem...

SEB

New Poster

Re: Comcast email-Cortana

Can you tell me how to sync  my Lenovo, Cortana voice command to my comcast email at home?