Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast email sync issues using iMac and Outlook for Mac

Frequent Visitor

Comcast email sync issues using iMac and Outlook for Mac

I'm having sync issues with my comcast email accounts. I use an iMac and outlook 2016 for Mac. My gmail account works perfectly. My comcast emails are constantly dropping out and later reappearing...all day long. I tried deleting the accounts and then adding them back. Microsoft uninstalled Office and reinstalled it. Nothing works to correct this problem. Has been happening for over a month. Any thoughts? These accounts work on iOS and windows 10. Just the problem on the iMac. Any insights?

New Poster

Re: Comcast email sync issues using iMac and Outlook for Mac

I  have the same issue.  Chat with Comcast resulted in no solution.  It's only been happening to me since the beginning of this week.  Something changed with Comcast, because I've made no changes in my Office Outlook for 2011

Frequent Visitor

Are you also having problems viewing videos at xfinity website with your iMac using safari?  I haven't been able to view for months now.  I can view using Chrome...but Chrome doesn't respond very well to the swipes on my trackpad to go forward and backward pages. So don't like to use Chrome. I did get a great customer service person at Comcast who issued a ticket to have their techies look at potential server issues for the email problem. I'll keep you posted.

Official Employee

Hello weatherfield and Treefarmer274, I wanted to check back in with you to see if you're still having an issue with your emails? I show that your ticket has been closed, if you still need assistance please send me a private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and provide your street address and account number.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon