Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast email spam filter.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast email spam filter.

To start off, I had a chat with someone at Comcast who was absolutely stupid.  I was trying to get an explaination why I receive an email from a friend on my computer (MS Outlook) one day, and then discover another email from the same person trapped in Comcasts Spam Filter.  This person must have been reading from a prepared script because his questons and instructions had nothing to do with my problem.  The person even reset my modem...TWICE...

This spam problem happens very often from other friends and vendors I deal with.  Having to log into Comcast email daily to check for NOT spam emails is ridiculous.  

What is really upsetting is receiving emails delivered to my computer that are absolutely spam!  You know the kind; someone in some country has a million dollars to send me....and all I have to do is send them by bank account number.  Yeah, that kind.

So, is there anyone at Comcast that can answer this one question why I receive a good email one day and have another one from the same address wind up in your spam filter?  The algorithm your spam filter using need an update......

Email Expert

Re: Comcast email spam filter.

All email systems are subject to having "false positives"--------emails going to spam that the recipient considers not to be spam.  I get it a lot in my Yahoo account, and occasionally in one of my Comcast accounts.  Messages from a non-profit organization I am a member of will wind up in the Spam folder-----sporadically. Most of the time they go to the Inbox, as they should.  There are a lot of things that can trip the filters other than content.  Problematic IP address blocks, spam clearinghouse lists and so on.  Remember too that the filters are also user-driven;  when some people report a message as junk and others mark it as not junk.  Either way,  it affects the filtering.  As for checking the Spam folder-----that's why it's there in the first place.  You need to look at it to see if legitimate messages are in there.  This will happen------it is the nature of email in general.  You should find these of interest-----------------

http://ask-leo.com/im_drowning_in_spam_what_can_i_do.html

and

https://askleo.com/stopping-spam-harder-think/?awt_l=E37kF&awt_m=In.RoL7ub3dfbL

See also----------------

https://askleo.com/what_happens_when_i_mark_something_as_spam/?awt_l=E37kF&awt_m=Ja6LBKrzt3dfbL

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Latoque, Email Expert, I don't agree with your statemet: "All email systems are subject to having "false positives"".  l have two other email accounts from servers connected to my work, and they are 100% accurate when forwarding email to my home computer.  I have checked the spam folders of these servers and the stuff it deposits into the spam folder is just that, SPAM.  Even my Gmail account is more accurate with their spam filter.  I never find a "good" message in that spam folder, and believe me, that spam folder get a lot of junk/spam delivered to it every week or two when I check it.  So, maybe you should check in with Gmail to see how they do things with their email server.

Your response to this would be appreciated.

Email Expert

If you still have issues with the same incoming messages, I can only suggest that you keep marking them as not spam, and in the meantime call Comcast security and see if they can tell you why they are being snagged by the filters--------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation