Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast email on my Mac won't load this afternoon. 2/15/18

New Poster

Comcast email on my Mac won't load this afternoon. 2/15/18

Comcast email from this afternoon, Feb. 15, 2018, won't load. I get a spinning ball and then it times out. I tried using the comcast site as well as the email server on my Mac. Never had this problem before.  I tried closing Mail and reopening. I closed Chrome. No help.

New Poster

Re: Comcast email on my Mac won't load this afternoon. 2/15/18

Some exact situation on my Mac. Can't even get it on my phone. Email not loading.

Regular Visitor

@DancingMom wrote:

Comcast email from this afternoon, Feb. 15, 2018, won't load. I get a spinning ball and then it times out. I tried using the comcast site as well as the email server on my Mac. Never had this problem before.  I tried closing Mail and reopening. I closed Chrome. No help.

Same here on my windows PC.  It was working this morning.

New Poster

I'm  not able to get my mail either. I usually have it fetched by my Gmail account, which fetches all accounts for me. Today, since noon, every time it fetches Gmail says:

Error reading mail.
Server returned error "Connection closed by remote host: The other server terminated our connection...."

I logged into my xfinity email on xfinity.com and there is only one email in there. Noon to 6:30? It's highly unlikely I only received one given how much I usually get every other day of the year.

One of the error messages said something about a messager being discared or expunged or something like that. 

I don't know why it's not letting my mail be fetched even for the one that is in there. Six times I tried to fetch that one email and Xfinity terminates the connection.

The refresh arrows on the Xfinity site keeps spinning endlessly too .... not getting any new mail

Regular Visitor

I can't get mine to load on my mac either. Last download to my phone or at xfininty online was over two hours ago. Mostly I'm glad it's not just me. Safety in numbers. 

New Poster

Same thing on  my PC and laptop wireless and wired... Northern California...Comcast website says all is well. This is BS.

New Poster

Hello, I have the same problem. I cannot access my email on my phone or my computer. This is not acceptable. Please get this problem fixed ASAP.  When I click on a email it just spins and times out. I cannot read the email. 

New Poster

I've had the same thing on my PC.
New Poster

Same issue, can't load Comcast email through the web or Mail client on MacBook Air

Frequent Visitor

Same for me on my Mac, iPhone and iPad.  I haven’t gotten any new email today (2/15), can’t send email or open old emails.  Also getting the never-ending spinning wheel then a message that the server stopped responding?!?  Completely powering down and rebooting didn’t do anything.  This is nuts!

New Poster

I have the same issue with iPad and android phone. This appears to be on their end.  I hope to get back email service tomorrow or I want a credit, this is ridiculous.

New Poster

My email isn't working on my Mac or my I phone either.  Last email was received at 3:52.  Tested by sending my home email an email from my work email account and my home email never acknowledged its receipt.

New Poster

i called earlier today and the recording said they were having problems. i'm surprized it is still out. Smiley Sad 

New Poster

since before 5pm today all attempts to read my Comcast email (on two non-Mac laptops and my iphone) result in the message “Error: failed to load message content”(on laptop) or “Error: a stable connection to the server could not be established” (on iPhone). Have tried different browsers. Connections to other applications (google, gmail, PayPal, etc.) are not affected.
New Poster

Same problem, can't get it on my laptop or on my iphone. I can send but not receive. 

Frequent Visitor

I have had a very simillar problem.

I have a Comcast IMAP email account. On my iMac running macOS 13.13.3, I do email on Outlook for Mac 16.1. On my iPhone SE 11.2.5, I do email for the same account on Apple Mail.

For my iMac Outlook email account, the last message to be received came in Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 5:35 PM. No message that we send to it seem to be received.

For my iPhone SE (and wife's iPad Air 2), messages have continued to come in (except ones we send which do not come in). The problem with 14 messages (received today 7:30 AM to 7:14 PM) is that they are incomplete. These 14 messages only downloaded from the server the sender's name, time received, and subject matter line. The body of message content is missing.

Why are my messages not downloading or only partially downloading?

New Poster

I am having the same issue as everyone else but only for one account. I have two comcast email addresses one is still receiving email the other hasn't since 7:00 Am today.  I thought that I had been compromised as it kept telling me I had the incorect password so I changed my PW.  I couldn't even log into it from their website.    Now after changing my PW I can get mail only on their site.  but not through my MAc.

New Poster

Mine was the same way. out of 6 comcast accounts, 5 downloaded all mail but only my main master account email didn't.

Well, obviously they fixed it, but it is strange that it happened. All of us had Macs it seems.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats