Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast email not playing nice with Outlook

Regular Visitor

Comcast email not playing nice with Outlook

I use Outlook as my email platform. Over the weekend, one of my Comcast email accounts re-delivered every email I've gotten since 2014.  Unfortunately, this has is not the first time that's happened.

I got that mess cleaned up, but now 2-3 of our Comcast email accounts aren't delivering email at all. I just get error messages. Unsurprisingly, also not the first time this happened either. 

Is Comcast going to get it together sometime soon?  If it's not borked email, it's the DNS servers not responding, or the cable box deciding it's not authorized, or digital fade so bad TV channels are unavailable.  Very frustrating for the amount of money we all pay every month. 

Official Employee

Re: Comcast email not playing nice with Outlook

John_T wrote:

I use Outlook as my email platform. Over the weekend, one of my Comcast email accounts re-delivered every email I've gotten since 2014.  Unfortunately, this has is not the first time that's happened.

I got that mess cleaned up, but now 2-3 of our Comcast email accounts aren't delivering email at all. I just get error messages. Unsurprisingly, also not the first time this happened either. 

Is Comcast going to get it together sometime soon?  If it's not borked email, it's the DNS servers not responding, or the cable box deciding it's not authorized, or digital

fade so bad TV channels are unavailable.  Very frustrating for the amount of money we all pay every month. 

John_T-

It sounds like your Outlook is using POP, not IMAP, thus Outlook may itself have triggered the resends.  When you use POP, you have the option of keeping the message on the server after you download it to Outlook.  With IMAP, the messages stay on the server (and this also makes it much easier to manage your email if you have multiple devices accessing the same email account.

Does this help?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/pop-imap-microsoft-outlook

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon