Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast email freezes up in Safari on MAC. How to fix?

New Poster

Comcast email freezes up in Safari on MAC. How to fix?

Comcast email started acting up over a week ago. Have never had a problem before now. It's my main email account. How do I fix the problem? Very frustrating to continue getting the spinning wheel of death... 

Email Expert

Re: Comcast email freezes up in Safari on MAC. How to fix?

I had the same problem lately.  I tried clearing browsing history in Safari but nothing changed.  Ditto with Firefox.  Chrome seemed to work OK.  I wound up restarting the Mac, and that seems to have done the trick.  Using Firefox or Chrome or Edge on my Dell laptop I was able to sign into the email with no issues.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I started having the same problem with an old and new MacBook Pro.  worked with Xfinity and Apple over the weekend. No solution and moved over to FireFox and Apple Mail.  That worked and tried it on the Old and new Pro.   I understand that Apple has a an update today, not sure what for.

I have always good luck with Xfinity mail and search.

Hope they or Aplle solve the problem.

JackroseIV

New Poster

I have had this problem for several weeks.  Safari on a Mac.  For several weeks Comcast has told me it is a known problem and that they are working on it.  Taking a loooong time to fix it!

New Poster

I have had this same problem for about a month now.  I am extremely frustrated as my imac and macbook pro freeze constantly while on my comcast homepage as well as my email.  I am constantly having to close safari and reopen.  I just downloaded the new Sierra update this morning hoping this would be the solution but so far it has not been-still freezing!!  I will be right in the middle of writing an email and it will freeze and I will have to start all over.  Again, everything was fine until about a month ago after using the comcast/safari combination for years.  What happened?  I also have tried Google Chrome but with the same results.  If any of you guys hear or know of anything else to try please advise.  I have also tried some of the above suggestions; shutting down computer, cleaning out the search history/cache, etc.  I am an older guy and am somewhat technically challenged, so this is about all I know to do.  If it goes much further, I can get overwhelmed.  It looks like it will not do much good to contact Comcast or Apple Care, right?  Thanks for any help or guidance!!  This is so annoying!!

New Poster

Me as well...Xfinity is saying it's a Mac or Apple issue and that it may be best to access Comcast/Xfinity e-mails through MacMail...The concern is will folder contents move over as well and then question is.........why doesn't it work when have the fastest speed offered..., etc...

New Poster

Just got off the phone with comcast, they did acknowledge a problem with certain browsers and email/web page.  For email they suggest use macmail instead.  When I use macmail, I do not get delays or spinning wheel.  I hope this helps!  They are working on the problem!