Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast blocking email senders

New Poster

Comcast blocking email senders

I am livid with the blocking of emails to my account.  I have the right not to have Comcast play Big Brother with my personal emails.  Last year it was with my sons high school which to this date I do not receive emails from their mass email with information about the school.  Now I tried to sign up with a program and cannot get registered because Comcast Gods have blocked them from sending emails to Comcast accounts.  I am tired of paying for services from Comcast that are unreliable, thank god I did not get the Home Security through them.  These are my emails not yours and it is not up to you to decide what I want to see and what I do not want to see.  I have never even had anything in my spam folder, which if you think it is unsafe or unwanted is where it should go.  Today I am on chat and some person overseas did god knows what to my account and blamed me for the issue.  She clearly did not understand the issue and was answering from a book not from knowledge.  This is a horrible way to conduct business.  I aksed for it to be raised to a higher tier and at first she told me she could not do that, I got pretty upset and she finally said she would do it.  Sat there for 10 minutes waiting for a response from her, finally had to ask if she was still there.  She finally said someone would call me back or email me and could she have my phone and email address....Seriously we were working on my email address the entire time.  Finally agreed to call me back with a ticket number, waited over an hour for a call which finally came from a person I could barely understand.  It should be a requirement that they be able to speak clear English if working for a company in the United States.  Had to go through Verification process with her again, although SHE called me at the number I gave them.. That was painful with a person who cannot speak English.  I have a ticket number which I was to receive a call back between 12 and 5 today, no call back and it is after 7pm.  Here is the ticket number CR430418593  My rights as a consumer have been violated.  Lord knows what else I have missed.  I am going to contact the PUC and our state attorney general to complain about this practice.  Reading some threads this has been going on for years, I think I am due some funds for the inconvenience this is causing.  Why do I need another email address which I now have to receive everything that I should be getting.  Gmail at least sends items to a spam folder and gives me the choice on wether it is spam or not.  I DEMAND Answers to this and want this business practice to stop.  

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Comcast blocking email senders

MaryWhitescarve wrote: ... I have never even had anything in my spam folder ...

That may be because of a spam folder setting. With your Primary UserID log in to https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/UserSettings/ and check. Under Users & Preferences / (userID) / Email Settings, if "Spam Filtering" is turned on and you want to see what is being filtered, the "Save a copy of emails marked as spam" option needs to be checked. If it is not, messages they consider to be spam will be simply thrown away without notice.

Comcast Security Assurance manages email system security including spam filtering and might be able to help you with this. Please call them at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/contacts#s5_nav). If the first line rep is not helpful, insist they pass you along to another rep.

Be aware that outbound mail is filtered even more viciously. If they think a message you send is spam, and if it's addressed to a non-Comcast recipient, they just throw it away. And they do that with no notice to you or to the recipient. It's despicable, but that's what they do.

All things considered, moving your email to another, more ethical provider makes good sense. You shouldn't have to do that, but I see no evidence that Comcast will even understand the meaning of "ethical" anytime soon.