Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast Xfinity Dynamic IP Address is Blacklisted (SPAM) - Custom GoDaddy Domain and Email

Regular Visitor

Comcast Xfinity Dynamic IP Address is Blacklisted (SPAM) - Custom GoDaddy Domain and Email

My wife runs her own company out of our home and has a GoDaddy hosted domain (customdomain.com) which she uses for email. She uses Outlook 15.17 on a Mac. She has had no problems for ***years*** sending and receiving via her custom domain email address using Comcast as her connectivity only (she does not use the @comcast.net email address). About a week+ back, we obtained a 2nd Comcast-supplied internet modem/router since our house is fairly expansive and we were having trouble getting full wifi coverage. The 2nd internet modem was activated and they had to restart the first original modem; I believe this is when the email problems started. She uses the first Comcast modem in her office.

Her clients started contacting her saying "we haven't heard back from you" and select clients - but not all - started noticing that some of her emails were going to their spam folder. GoDaddy then told her that her Comcast IP address was marked as spam. This was verified on mxtoolbox.com which said that SORBS DUHL and Spamhaus ZEN had her IP address listed.

She has a Airport Time Capsule Extreme set up to the Cable Modem (Arris) but the Xfinity modem is NOT in Bridge Mode. Comcast Security couldn't do squat and calling their regular tech support is futile. I tried to turn the Xfinity Arris Cable Router turned off for an hour to see if I would get assigned a new IP address and no luck. At this point, she has to use an Office 365 Admin Tool to confirm which emails were delivered or filtered as Spam. How can we get a new dynamically assigned IP address? I use yahoo and gmail web-based emails and have no problems. Searching online, it seems like this is a regular problem and I'm surprised there is not a clear solution. Help?

Edit: I didn't know if I should post the IP address or not. After I posted this, I checked the IP address coming from the 2nd Comcast Router upstairs and it too is assigning an IP address which appearx on mxtoolbox.com's IP blacklist (both SORBS DUHL and Spamhaus ZEN).