Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast Survey pop ups

New Poster

Comcast Survey pop ups

We opted out of receiving any Comcast marketing but that doesn't stop the Comcast surveys that keep randomly popping up & overlaying the page we're viewing. Neither Malware bytes or Windows Defender has helped this VERY annoying situation.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Survey pop ups

Could you post a screen shot of the survey request?

Comcast and others do run legit surveys, but there are lot of scams out there. Surveys that offer a "gift" are most likely scams. One scam that pops up a lot offers gifts worth "at least $70". Surveys that ask for any form of payment information are almost certainly scams. See http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=survey%20scam for many scam examples. Anyone can put together a scam survey and claim that it's from Comcast (or any other company, for that matter).

Comcast can control scam surveys on their own pages, but on non-Comcast pages, their policing abilities are limited and you're pretty much on your own.

Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast Survey pop ups

7347mary, I am getting the Comcast Survey pop-ups, also.  These occur when I am on these Forums (AND what might be noteworthy, when I am signed into these Forums.  Sometimes, I just take a look at these Forums when I am NOT signed in.  I will try to pay more attention about whether I am signed in or NOT signed in).  I will add, that sometimes, these very same Comcast Survey pop-ups are occuring, it becomes very annoying when they pop up again and again and again every few minutes.  A couple of times, I just went ahead and completed these Comcast pop-up Surveys (they are all, ALWAYS, 100% identical), just hoping to make them stop.  Taking the survey does not make them stop.  I just ignore them, as much as possible--given how very, annoying they are.

Coincidently, I too, use BOTH Windows Defender and Premium Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (latest version).  Mine is a paid subscription NOT the free version.  One difference is Premium "Mbam" runs in real-time all the time.  I never have any problems with it and I trust it 100.%  Although, I try very hard to avoid any and all other Comcast and/or Xfinity websites (except for Forums), RECENTLY, I have gotten warnings from Premium Mbam which blocks some of these websites INSTANTLY.  Because, I trust Mbam, I never change settings  to mark any of these websites as "an exception."