Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast Outbound Mail Server Rejects Legitimate Email Message as SPAM

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Outbound Mail Server Rejects Legitimate Email Message as SPAM

I noticed that Comcast outbound host SMTP mail server rejects my email message to a known to me recipient.

From my PC mailer to the remote recipient are two sequential Comcast mail servers, the second server detects(ed) that the message is  a spam based on bl.spamcop.net detection algorithm. More details" Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 Message refused by DSNBL check"

I looked at online SPAMCOP.NET entering Comcast host server IP adress which detects the issue, indeed that server is on their blacklist and Comcast administrator shall advice SPAMCOP to take that server off the black list. I called Comcast Customer Security Assurance hotline not getting a help. I decided to duplicate the same content of email text sending it to another known to me recipient. He received it without mail-daemon Permanent Error message to me as undeliverable mail.

It seems, the detection of spam is set either wrong or too sensitive. 

Email Expert

Re: Comcast Outbound Mail Server Rejects Legitimate Email Message as SPAM

Since you've already called security, I'll escalate this to the forum admins and see if they can get it resolved for you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for help. When I described ny experience with Comcast Security Assurance agent I meant that she was reluctant to acknowledge that

problem is really with their mail server, so the discussions were scratching just the surface of described by me problem.

Regards

Official Employee

Hello Xcross, I am happy to look further into this for you. Can you please send me a private message with your username, street address, account number, and the full name on the account? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hello ComcastAmir,

I guess your troubleshooting efforts on this stage of game will not help unless you have an access to log files of outbound Comcast mail server with the following IP addresses 69.252.207.33; 38 and 39. I will explain why :

1. The described by me issue was in time frame from 12/25  at about 10 AM EST to 12/26 12 PM EST.

2.  Today after 12 PM I was able without blocking by Comcast outbound mail server to resend the same email message to same recipient.

( I guess, Comcast fixed any issues with their server(s) when it earlier detected a spam )

3.  Comcast uses bl.spamcop.net spam detection algorithm. When I logged on Spamcop.net site entering these IP addresses during those hours I mentioned in item 1 the response was the server was on blacklist but after 12 PM today it suddenly cleared. 

Official Employee

I am glad this issue has cleared itself up for you, have a good day. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation