Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast Outbound Mail Server Intermittently Rejects Legitimate Email Messages as Spam

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Outbound Mail Server Intermittently Rejects Legitimate Email Messages as Spam

Although my earlier topic about the same subject  and was locked out by the forum moderator as a resolved I still experience the problem.

1. The problem did not happen when I use Xfinity webmailer.

2. The problem intermittently occurs when I use  MS Outlook 2007 client application and only with one known to my email recipient.

3. When the blocking of outgoing message occurs I receive mailer-daemon@comcast.net message with diagnostic - code: SMTP; 554

5.7.1 Message refused by DNSBL check. bl.spamcop.net 

4. The troublesome mail server is resqmta-ch2-09v.sys.comcast.net [ 69.252.207.41]

5. The blocking happened on 12/25 at 10PM and cleared on 12PM the following day and happened again today at 12:36 PM.

6. I decided to turn on in Outlook.log allowing me to check whether there might be issues with Outlook mailer.

7. I gathered OPMLog.log file with exact timing of all processes, following each step - Outlook mailer exactly exercised all outbound

processes with the first in chain mail server resomta-ch2-07v.sys.comcast.net[69.252.207.103] 

8. The conclusion is the issue is with the second Comcast mail server which is marked by SPAMCOP.NET as a spamer putting it on their blacklist.

9. Reading the required procedures: after a certain period of time the server can be released from blacklist or Comcast administrator shall fill out  a special form advising SPAMCOP that their server does not cause spam.

10. Outlook mailer is not designed to have a log file of processes happened in the second mail server unless the administrator in Texas has that right of access to ( there where is located this server ).

I guess Comcast Security Assurance people sloppely do that task relying that it automatically clears up by itself.

I spoke twice to Comcast chat agents who created a case number promissing to talk to next level of technical expertise.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Outbound Mail Server Intermittently Rejects Legitimate Email Messages as Spam

An exact same problem was described by author  JJMcVeigh back in 10-17-2016  when Comcast could not find a solution for it either. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Outbound Mail Server Intermittently Rejects Legitimate Email Messages as Spam

I received last week a phone call from Comcast that they solved the problem asking me to check whether I do not receive more Permanent Errors from mailer-daemon@comcast.net. So far, there have not been more problems with my email.

Comcast did not share with me how the problem was solved on their end.  

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation