members

online now

discussions

Comcast Mail Servers Hacked..

Contributor

Comcast Mail Servers Hacked..

New Poster

Re: Comcast Mail Servers Hacked..

It appears Comcast is stonewalling this...have seen no reply/recomendation from them.....

I guess I shouldn't be surprised....

New Poster

New Poster

It is pretty bad when we hear it on the national news but nothing from Comcast.  Even when chatting with a Tech they couldn't give me a straight answer.  And now I find out this happened one week ago.

New Poster

I can not believe that Comcast would not nofity us of this.  I have been planning on dumping them anyway.  Their prices are ridiculous, service is non exisitant AND they own MSNBC...STRIKE 3

Regular Contributor

I just heard about this on the news..(12p pacific time.  Fri. 2/14) Since Comcast is obviously hiding this from us, (what a shocker) does anyone have any thoughts on this as to what, if anything, we should do? To be honest I don't want to mess with anything If I don't really need to..as far as changing passwords etc. I suppose I should, but! And...what exactly would a hacker be able to access? Any thoughts? They're appreciated!

New Poster

Xfinity's sever has been hacked. I have received phone calls from a phone number claiming to be Xfinity offering promotions through green pak money cards. Customers beware these folks had all my info and only info that xfinity would have. I have had to change all my pass codes, contact credit card companies and fraud alert with credit bureau. This companies sever has been hacked by hackers that have taken responsibility for this hack. Just google it. The customer care rep would not let me out of my contract and it is only a few days past. I now have to call the Attorney Generals office to opt out of this company as my credit and identity info is no longer safe due to Xfinity's breach in severs. Potential customers be careful there is a major fraud and security issue going on with Xfinity. It might be wise to find a provider that is not being targeted by major hacker mofias. This is a disaster and identity theft is a nightmare that lingers on your credit report for years even if corrected it will stay on your credit report that you are a known target and may affect credit lending. Please be safe and take into consideration this is a major incident and protect your identity. I have been with other providers for years and never had my identity breach by a third party. This company is aware of this and the only advise was to lock down all my identity info and credit info which is going to take days or even longer. Best of luck to all and protect your identity info and decided if choosing Xfinity is worth loosing your good name to credit scammers targeting Xfinity and its customers. Xfinity did not send out alerts to customers nor did they offer credit monitoring sevices. I will never use Xfinity agian. At least warn customers before they fall victim as some of these phone calls are very disturbing and convincing.

New Poster

Xfiniy is a good company and do not blame them in full for this cyber attack but i do blame them for not notifing customers as I almost got scammed for 300.00. These type of things do happen to some of the best companies in the industry, I just wish they would have notified me that there was a breach,that way when I recieved phony phone calls I would have immediatley know it was bogus as it was hard to tell at first because the caller was able to provived specific account detials and other customer info. I do believe that this is related to the recent hack as i never had any idenity issues until i opened my comcast account then 4 weeks later the calls start coming in. They need to inform customers that way people are prepaired. Has anyone else been affected by this and if so how are your computer and cell phones running(operating ok yes or no). 

New Poster

Change your comcast internet password and seceret question just as a security precation. It is apparent that the hackers are possibly gaining access to current comcast account activity by accessing your comcast account via intenet (comcast account info, passwords that were stolen in the hack) ( Recent payment current bill status ect). Im not sure what the extent is, but if you notice anything suspicious or recieve suspicious phones calls (Claiming to be comcast asking for payment or offering promotions, Or claiming to be other local companies needing payment for services medical ect, the phone numbers will come up as local phone line but no name to match phone number)then yes take further precations. For now I would start with your comcast account passcodes and leave it at that unless something odd comes up.  If you are unsure about some promotional deal that was sent to you call 1-800-comcast before buying.

Official Employee
Moved: