New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast Email not receiving most emails now for a week;l huge issue

New Poster

Comcast Email not receiving most emails now for a week;l huge issue

Email 

Greenland NH

Not receiving most emails on Comcast now for over a week. Huge problem. Xfinity sent out an email (that I DID get0 saying they are fixing a server issue. That was 2 days ago and no better.

Also can't see any of my emails on Xfinity website. 

Horrific communication issue here as usual with this company. 

They make it so hard to get through to anyone and get an answer. In most small companies that kind of lousy communication would sink the company, 

I have missed many many very important emails

What';s going on??

Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast Email not receiving most emails now for a week;l huge issue

jrking100,

I have experienced your frustation over the last 6 day's with no e-mail.  I have called Customer Service three times and all three times they had no idea there was outages all over the USA.  I even went to a store front, and they also had no clue.  Today, I got through to a Rep in Denver Colorado. She made a call and when she came back to me, she acknowledged there was some issue and then put me on hold to check some other issue.  Her last words were "just hang on and I'll be right back".  Two minutes later another woman comes on and asks if she can help.  When I told her I was already being helped she told me "you were passed to me".  What is the issue your calling about?  Honestly, I could hardly understand this second Rep. and I asked here where she was talking to me from.  Her answer:  OFFSHORE   So, I go from Denver to another country with a Rep. I cannot hardly understand.  The only thing I got from her is "we have no outages of e-mail that we know about" .  When I google Comcast e-mail issues, there is all sorts of info. about a new platform that failed but no where on the home page or the section that tells us about "Check Outages" is there a mention of a problem.  I talked with 4 friends here is Salem, Ore. and they have no E-mail for the past 5 days.    I know this is long, but, I wanted you to know we also share your frustration too.

Mick7

New Poster

Thanks for relating your same issue.
I have found out from a very reliable source that Comcast nationwide has been hacked which is the real reason for the mess. They are saying it’s a server migration project. But the truth is they got hacked. Millions of customer emails lost. Security gone. There is no project going on. They are in a huge amount of difficulty due to a hack. At some point they’ll have to own up to it. Right now they’re telling reps to act as if all is well. Lying to the customer per usual.
Watch for it to come out eventually. As it always does when companies get hacked.
Regular Contributor

Did your source have any idea when they will be able to supply us a e-mail program.  I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what the next step is for Comcast.  Can you offer any info.?   Mick 7

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation