New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Collected addresses in my address book

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Collected addresses in my address book

When composing an email and you click on to, you will see a list of addresses or contacts.  There are collected addresses. How do you delete them?  Right clicking does not give you option to delete.  

Accepted Solution

Re: Collected addresses in my address book

There are multiple things you can do if you don't want to see or save collected addresses. 

• When composing, after you click TO: you can choose All Contacts, Address Book, or Collected Addresses. That would narrow down what you see without deleting. 
  • In Address Book, you can select Collected Addresses and delete any contacts that are in that list (or move them to your Address Book, if you prefer)
  • In Settings, (Click the Gear Icon, then Settings), click on Mail and in the Common section you will be able to check or uncheck whether you would like addresses collected from emails you send or receive.  

@jessejames00 wrote:

When composing an email and you click on to, you will see a list of addresses or contacts.  There are collected addresses. How do you delete them?  Right clicking does not give you option to delete.  

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Collected addresses in my address book

There are multiple things you can do if you don't want to see or save collected addresses. 

• When composing, after you click TO: you can choose All Contacts, Address Book, or Collected Addresses. That would narrow down what you see without deleting. 
  • In Address Book, you can select Collected Addresses and delete any contacts that are in that list (or move them to your Address Book, if you prefer)
  • In Settings, (Click the Gear Icon, then Settings), click on Mail and in the Common section you will be able to check or uncheck whether you would like addresses collected from emails you send or receive.  

@jessejames00 wrote:

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation