Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Changing to Comcast Internet from AT&T do I have to change my mail account user name ends in att.net

New Poster

Changing to Comcast Internet from AT&T do I have to change my mail account user name ends in att.net

Just changed to Comcast Internet. Do I need to change my mail account name being it ends in att?

Service Expert

Re: Changing to Comcast Internet from AT&T do I have to change my mail account user name ends in

Cg15 wrote:

Just changed to Comcast Internet. Do I need to change my mail account name being it ends in att? 

Unless AT&T allows you keep your email address, yes you would need to change to @comcast.net.  Besides your Primary email address you can have up to 6 secondary email addresses.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Changing to Comcast Internet from AT&T do I have to change my mail account user name ends in

You don't even need to give up your att.net address if you don't want to. AT&T's mail is actually handled by Yahoo. I have an att.net address that dates to 2000 or so, when I had dial-up service with them!! That said, you should still create a Comcast address for proper access to some Comcast features, but you can probably continue using your AT&T address as the default.

I have also heard that Comcast no longer terminates your email when you leave Comcast. As long as you access it at least once every 6 months, it will remain active.

Email Expert

andyross wrote:

I have also heard that Comcast no longer terminates your email when you leave Comcast. As long as you access it at least once every 6 months, it will remain active.

That is correct, but it's once every 9 months as long as you had signed into it 90 days or less before terminating service.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon