New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Changing name attached to e-mail

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Changing name attached to e-mail

This is a small issue but it's driving me nuts.  The XFINITY account is in my husband's name.  So, my e-mail address - which is unique to me - reads like this: From: JOHN DOE [mailto: janedoemail@comcast.net]

This results in me often getting e-mails which read: Dear John - even from friends.  How can I change the text to read Jane Doe instead of John?

Accepted Solution

Re: Changing name attached to e-mail

If you are still on the old email format, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>Mail>>>>>>Composing.  The first item at the top is where you can change the outgoing name.  If you are on the new format, open a Compose page.  At the end of the From: field click on the down arrow, then on "Edit names".

View answer in context
Email Expert

If you are still on the old email format, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>Mail>>>>>>Composing.  The first item at the top is where you can change the outgoing name.  If you are on the new format, open a Compose page.  At the end of the From: field click on the down arrow, then on "Edit names".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

That worked perfectly!!!  Thank you so much!!!

New Poster

That was ridicuoously simple...and impossible for me to find on the company site

thank you

somehow I misspelled my name by a keystroke setting up the account, i wanted my emails to reflect that I knew how to spell my own name....

Thank you again, I will know to come here first next time