Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Changing Internet/Cable providers. Will this delete my email account?

New Poster

Changing Internet/Cable providers. Will this delete my email account?

Hello,

I have been using my Comcast email account for several years. My father originally set up the account for Comcast after switching over to their Internet/Cable service years ago. My email was set up along with his parent account.

Now, he has decided to switch Internet/Cable providers and effectively delete the entire service. I was wondering if this will effect my usage of my personal email account? I literally use this email account for everything and changing it would be quite the hassle so any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Service Expert

Re: Changing Internet/Cable providers. Will this delete my email account?

Yes, once the account is cancelled all email accounts will be closed by the end of the billing cycle.

I suggest you open an email account at Outlook.com, Yahoo, or Gmail, none of which are tied to an ISP and are all free.  That way, if you ever move, or your father's account is closed for some reason, you won't lose your email address again.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon