Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Changing Email Address

Regular Visitor

Changing Email Address

I want to change my email address and have a smooth transition from the current to the new.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Changing Email Address

I think the easiest is to create a new secondary address, then set it as the primary. Start updating services to use the new one. You can log into the 'old' address with the webmail version, click the gear icon in the upper right, go to settings, then set an Auto-Forward to have all mail sent to the new address. I'm not certain if there is a way to move mail from old to new.

But then, maybe there is a rename email option somewhere?

Regular Visitor

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I did create a second email, so I have that part done.  I can start notifying my contacts to use the new email.  I do not know how to move my email folders and contents.  Eventually, I want to eliminate the old email address.  I did this once before, however, I was going from a different provider to Comcast.  For some reason it seems like it was easier. 

Wishing You...Best Days

Silver Problem Solver

To be honest, it's probably not a good idea to rely on an ISP's email as your primary. Use something independent like Gmail, Outlook, etc...

Regular Visitor

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to help.

Wishing You and Yours Best Days

Regular Visitor

Community:

I just wanted to add an update to my email address change delimma.  I finally contacted customer support.  The agent changed my existing email address to the new address.  Therefore, I was able to keep all contacts, file folders, and settings.  The drawback is I had to immediately notify my contacts, as the origianl email address was gone without any forwarding capabilities.  If you have memberships, banking, credit accounts, etc. it takes a lot of hours to contact each agency with an updated email-address. They all have their own processess.    

Wishing All Best Days,

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation