Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Changes in Email???

New Poster

Changes in Email???

I've been wanting to comment on this for a couple weeks now but I just haven't had a chance.  1. I am not able to sort the "From" Column anymore, this is annoying.  2. Why when I forward emails does all the previous emails show?  I do not want them to and need it to just show the current one I am sending. There are a few other little changes and I do not like them.

Email Expert

Re: Changes in Email???

To change the way you sort the message list in the Inbox, right-click on the grey area to the right of "Sorted by" for a short list of options, or for a more extensive menu, right-click on any message in the list.  See the screen shots below.  When forwarding, if you don't want more than the original message to be sent, just select everything else and delete it.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Sort Options on Right-Click Grey area.jpg
Screen shot Sorting Messages.jpg
New Poster

Thank you for your reply.  I tried to sort the way you mentioned but the only options I have are None, Date, Size, Ascending, Descending.  I have a screen print but don't know how to attach it.

Also for the previous messages when I forward; when I hit forward, they are not in the body of the email to delete and if I try to do it before hitting forward, it just deletes the entire email.

Email Expert

When you respond to my post, you should see this to attach a file.  Click on "Choose file" and navigate to your screen shot on your computer and then hit "Open" or some such depending on your operating system.  Make sure you redact/remove any email address or other personal information first------------------

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 6.42.57 PM.jpg
Gold Problem Solver

Latoque wrote: ... you should see this to attach a file ...

FYI: Some of us don't have the Attachments items in the forum editor. I've never seen it except in screen shots others have posted.

Email Expert

That's weird------or maybe not since half the toolbar doesn't work for most of us right now either.  But I can see the attachment button on my Mac or on my Dell laptop, and using three different browsers.

Go figure.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Yep, don't have that option....weird.  Oh well, I'm more concerned with all previous emails showing in my forwards; it didn't use to do that.  Oh well, thanks for trying to help.

Email Expert

Well at the very least you should still have to option to just select anything you don't want to send and delete it.  This is yet one more reason on a long list of why a lot of us in here recommend using an email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail or some other, if you're going to use Comcast email.  It solves a lot of problems and has a lot of other advantages too.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I really have considered using Outlook since this has been going on.  I use it for 2 of my employers (I'm a Personal Assitant) and it would really make things nice.  They I could schedule emails to go out and not have to remember to send them the day they are needed.  Thanks again for all your help.  Smiley Happy 

Oh, quesiton, can I have comcast  emails forwarded to an Outlook acct.?

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation