Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Changed My USERNAME not knowing it would also change my email address

New Poster

Changed My USERNAME not knowing it would also change my email address

I changed my USERNAME not realizing that it would change my email address.  And when I went to change it back, the system will not allow me to do so.
From researching this problem on-line, I see that Comcast holds my old username for 90 days before releasing it back to the world.  I really need my old user name back, it’s been my email from almost 20 years!  

Service Expert

Re: Changed My USERNAME not knowing it would also change my email address

You might want to call Comcast's CSA (Customer Security Assurance). They may be able to help you get your old email back. Their phone number is (888) 565-4329.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you.  I did call this number and after speaking to two people (and given 2 more ticket numbers), I was told that my case would be sent to a Tier 2 tech and that someone would get back to me.  Meanwhile, I contacted someone on Comcast's facebook messenger, and thought that he would be able to help me.  Called me, asked me some security questions, had conversation by Facebook messenger, only to just be told that, "That username is currently in a purgatory state until the 30 days have passed and it's back out again on the market. The only thing we can do is set a timer so that when it has been exactly 30 days, we can claim that username back under your account. I will set a date to follow up with you just before next month, Aug 15th, so that we don't miss that time frame. It will be helpful if you can do the same."  I am at a loss....

Official Employee

I can help with your email issue, Michele247. Please private message me your name, address, and a username you are having issues with. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon