Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Carfax website blocked by comcast

New Poster

Carfax website blocked by comcast

I have been trying to access carfax.com and get the message " blocked by adminstrator".  I have gone thru the access points changing firewall settings. I have even tried accessing carfax from my phone connected to the wifi on xfinity and get the same message.  I can connect to carfax with my phone when I turn off wifi and use the 4g network.  Whats up with comcast blocking carfax?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Carfax website blocked by comcast

No issues here. Running Firefox on Windows 10.

carfax.jpg

Email Expert

HowiesPlace wrote:

I have been trying to access carfax.com and get the message " blocked by adminstrator".  I have gone thru the access points changing firewall settings. I have even tried accessing carfax from my phone connected to the wifi on xfinity and get the same message.  I can connect to carfax with my phone when I turn off wifi and use the 4g network.  Whats up with comcast blocking carfax?

What administrator?  Are you on a work system or something?  I tried it and it works OK for me too.  If it's from Comcast, you can try calling security, as they deal with blocking issues-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

To add, is this just the standard https://www.carfax.com/ site, or were you trying to link to something else, like a login page on the site? That message could be coming from the web site itself and not local if something is messed up. It could even have been a DNS server glitch pointing at the wrong address for awhile.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation