Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot sentd (Outgoing) emails in any devices (iphone 6, laptop ASUS)

Frequent Visitor

Cannot sentd (Outgoing) emails in any devices (iphone 6, laptop ASUS)

Hi all. Pretty desperate. After years and years of iphones and laptops, using Microsoft Office Outlook 2015, about a month or 2 ago the only place I can actually send emails is Xfinity.com.  Webmail.  My iphone has the iphone app, emails show as 'sent', but the adressee does not get them.  I send tests to myself, they show in the 'sent' folder, but they don't come into my inbox. Same with my laptop.  Toook the phone to ATT and they could not figure it out. Deleted and re-did the comcast account about 100 times. Still cannot send. The ATT guy downloded the xfinity app for me, being that the webmail was the only place where I could send out emails. It worked for a couple of weeks. Now the Xfinity app also shows my emails in the 'sent' folder but no emails come into my inbox from myself, so they actually DON'T GET OUT.  I get emails from anybody who sends them to me, but I don't get to answer any of them from my iphone or laptop.  Have reviewed my parameters a million times. They are exactly as they should. Have reset the phone 100 times as well.  Does anybody have this problem? What settings should I change?  Appreciate any hints. It's driving me crazy and it interferes with my work as I work from home. Everything else I have and own works except for my outgoing emails. What am I doing wront? Is it the IOS? Im on IOS 10.3.1    Any ideas?

Email Expert

Re: Cannot sentd (Outgoing) emails in any devices (iphone 6, laptop ASUS)

Are you getting any error message when you try to send from the phone?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot sentd (Outgoing) emails in any devices (iphone 6, laptop ASUS)

Hi Latoque, thank you.  No, the weird thing is that USING MS OUTLOOK, the messages seem to go as normal, they even show in the SENT FOLDERS, so I have no reason to think they did not go out. However, the people who should be receiving them are not.  I send copy to myself to test that, and for sure they don't come to myself. As I get everything from others coming to me, the only explanation is that, regardless of the fact that they show in the SENT FOLDER they actually never went out. They are in LIMBO somewhere. The AT&T guy configured the XFINITY app for me to start using, instead of OUTLOOK because he could not figure it out either. It worked for a couple of weeks. Now the XFINITY APP is also behaving showing messages in the SENT FOLDER as if they were sent, but they don't go to the destination. Tests sent to myself also show as SENT and they don't come into my inbox.  In the webmail however, everything works fine. They come in, they go out. But those messages I send from my devices DO NOT SHOW IN THE WEBMAIL INCOMING BOX EITHER. So I can safely conclude that messages from my devices are not leaving the devices.  PLS HELP!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot send (Outgoing) emails in any devices (iphone 6plus, laptop ASUS, using Microsoft Office)

Anybody has any suggestions?  Cannot send emails from any devices. I receive OK. All settings are the recommended ones. Account has been deleted and redone numerous times. I can only send from webmail. But I need to use my iphone. IOS is 10.3.2.  I answered to Latoque (user) but did not see any replies. Sorry guys, not to used to posting in forums. Comcast has escalated me to higher support but I don't have any hopes they will help. THis is so odd and it upsets my work. I work from home and I am a realtor. All messages I send from my devices show in the SENT folders, which I take to mean they went out. There are NO ERROR MESSAGES whatsoever. However, I copy myself each time and I don't get my own messages and neither do my clients unless I send via webmail. Only messages from other people come into my devices. PLEASE comment. Thank you so much. I am desperate.

Email Expert

Re: Cannot send (Outgoing) emails in any devices (iphone 6plus, laptop ASUS, using Microsoft Office)

Did you try deleting the account from Outlook and then re-creating it again from scratch?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi Latoque: 

1) Like I said, the messages show as SENT in Outlook's SENT folder. Nothing in Outbox. Same with Xfinity App in my phone, everything shows in the SENT folder, so no reason to suspect.  But I do not get my own copies (I copy myself in every message to know if they reach destination).  I read in the FORUMS that showing in the SENT folders means that the connection with the outgoing server happened well. So where are my messages going?

2) I deleted and re-did the outlook account 2 weeks ago the last time. It worked for a few days and it stopped.  I then went away for 5 days and when I came back, it was working well, I was all happy, but after a few hours when I started working and sending emails out, it went bad again. I know because I stopped receiving my own copies of my outgoing emails, which I send anyways all the time, to check periodically if it is working. 

I have yet to receive a call back from higher support via the telephone. I called yesterday again very early and of course, it was escalated.  Every time they review my settings they conclude all is good in my devices. Yet the only thing that works is using the webmail, which totally disrupts my schedule. I am a Realtor and I have to depend on my phone to get my business going. I have used comcast for 8 years and know pretty well how to delete and re-do my account in my devices, have had a good smart phone and the best laptop I can afford during all my working years, yet this is not the first time this happens. This is something that disrupts my life in a terrible manner and I feel so frustrated that there is no fix for me. Yesterday one of the first level attendants in support concluded it had to be a comcast server issue, as all my settings are the recommended ones. My internet is fine (mostly, haha). So sorry,but I a extremely frustrated (in addition to not making any money while this problem lasts).  Thank you so much for any assistance you may give me.

Email Expert

All I can do now is escalate this to the forum admins for further follow up then.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Please do, Latoche and thanks. I wish I could ask for an experienced support person as I have talked already to some that practically make no sense in what they ask (such as: Is your internet working OK? Duh!).  Thank you!

Official Employee

Hi Xixa, I can help with your email issue. I checked your email logs, and I can see the issue with sending emails. How many emails on average do you send per day? It seems like your account has been suspended by our Security Assurance Team. This usually happens, when a customer sends more than 1,000 emails in a 24-hour period. If you are using your email for the business purposes, I would definitely suggest taking a look at what we offer for our Business-Class customers.

In order to resolve this issue, you will need to contact Customer Security Assurance team at 1-888-565-4329, their hours of operation 6:00 AM - 2:00 AM ET/Seven days a week. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, I did call the number you suggested for Customer Security Assurance and was assured (pun intended) that my account had not been suspended. Which would make no sense, as I do not average more than 40 emails per day!!  I have yet to receive a call from the last ticket they opened, escalating my case to the the highest powers that be. This last time my "outage" lasted almost 3 full days. I am not sure what is going on at Comcast's end, because today around noon everything was working. I could hardly believe it.  Hmmm.... So many calls, sounds like somebody did something... I wish I knew what the fix was.  I will keep a log and will be in touch when/if it happens again. For now, all is good! Thank you for letting me vent.   

Official Employee

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved. Please let me know if you will get this issue again

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.