Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot search through old emails server side?

Regular Visitor

Cannot search through old emails server side?

Ever since the new email system went live there are practically no effective results when searching my email inbox.

I search for my wife's name and emails from the past week show up and 10 emails from 2014.

I search for some spam email I get 4 or 5 a week from and no results show up.

I search for a keyword I know was in an email, as well as the name of the person who sent it, from 2 weeks ago and nothing.

Anyone else having this issue?

Email Expert

Re: Cannot search through old emails server side?

I'm not having that issue.  So I'm curious;  are you searching only one folder instead of "All Folders"?  Are you using any operator to precede the search term?  Search operators can be found here-------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Me too!

New Poster

Yes.  Having the same issue.  Extremely frustrating.

Regular Visitor

Same issue.  

New Poster

I have had this problem since January when the new email system was given to me. NEVER had a problem before this. I spoke with Xfinity support in January and after 2 days, they were able to fix the problem, which is any email older that 1/1/2018 is not found when searching in my INBOX.  Unfortunately, the next day, it was broken again.  This week I was told it is a system-wide problem and they cannot address my individual problem.  It has been over 3 MONTHS, and the only way I can find old emails is by searching on my iphone!  What is the problem? I cannot find emails that were received in December 2017, no less emails 3 or 4 years old.  Again, I have NEVER had a problem with this, which is one of the reasons I use the server-based system.  The goal was not to depend on my own PC or phone because I thought they would be less reliable over time.  Apparently I was wrong?!  Comcast has no answer for me.  Does anyone know what is going on? 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation