Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot search my emails -returns only back to July 22

Frequent Visitor

Cannot search my emails -returns only back to July 22

Suddenly a couple of weeks ago, I could not longer search my emails. Results returned only go back to July 22.  This is still the case.  This renders email totally useless and I urgently need to retrieve important emails.  Comcast says their engineers are aware of the problem and are working on it, but this still hasn't been resolved.  I notice that others have reported this problem and no one has helped them either.  It is Comcast, not my computers or browsers.  It happens on all computers and all browsers and on  my iPhone and iPad.  Please someone help or get Comcast to fix this.

Tags (1)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Cannot search my emails -returns only back to July 22

Two things to check:

What do you see if you open the deleted email folder and Trash folders?

if you are using the Full version of Xfinity Connect:

open XC and RIGHT CLICK on the Trash Folder.  Next click on the Recover Deleted Messages. 

A new window opens showing the most recent emails deleted.  Highlight any emails you want, then click on the small green arrow on the top left of the window.  This will open a ne window where you can move the email back to your Inbox.

Step 2:

Check your EMAIL DELETION SCHEDULE

Open the XC Inbox and click on PREFERENCES

Now click on the email icon

A window opens showing your email settings

Scroll down to the Email Deletion Schedule and open it.

Look at the number of DAYS EACH Folder is set to when it automatically deletes all email from the FOLDERS.

While there, make any changes you wish to make to each Folder.

Step 3

on the off chance that someone got hold of your password, immediately change your pasword

One more thing, do you use any other email problems, a smartphone, or tablet in addition to Xfinity Connect?

Which browser/ version are you using?

Which Operating System?

Please post back.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

I must not have been very clear.  ALL of my emails appear to be there; however, I cannot search for them by keyword. I can tediously scroll back through thousands of emails and see the one I want, but when I search for it by term, only the emails that have arrived since July 22 show in the search results.  This renders email totally useless.  This has only been happening for a little over two weeks.  Comcast customer service says it is a problem they are aware of and their engineers are attempting to fix, but so far no results.  I see in the forums that  a couple of other people have reported this. 

It is my mailbox and Comcast's issue.  The same behavior appears in ALL browsers and on iPhone and iPad.

Thanks for any insight or way to get the Comcast to fix this.

B

Frequent Visitor

No. Comcast continues to say engineers are aware of it and are working on the issue.