New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot receive or send email

New Poster

Cannot receive or send email

Hi

Since 7/21/17, I have not been receiving emails in my Outlook, on my phone, and I cannot access the email through comcast.net.  Have called Comcast and they keep promising someone will call me, but they have not.  Is there anything I can try on my own?

Email Expert

Re: Cannot receive or send email

Exactly what happens when you try to access it using only a browser on the computer?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I was getting an error message, something about not being able to connect to the server.  also, a box was popping up asking for a password.  It is fixed now.  Comcast fixed it on their end enabling my Comcast.net on the web to work and on my phone, but Outlook still did not work.  One Comcast person told me it was because they switched to imap.  Then, I had to call Mircrosoft to fix my Outlook.  They ended up installing MS Office 2013 (I had MS Office 2007) and it still was not working.  The next day, it finally started to work and my Outlook 2007 also started working, so now I have MS Office 2007 and 2013 on my computer.  Not sure what to do about that.  Should I uninstall one?  I prefer the 2007 though, but I would hate to uninstall the 2013 too as they gave it to me for free, sort of.

Thanks

Email Expert

There is no reason you can't keep both versions of Outlook on your computer if you want to.  Just disable your accounts in the one you don't want to use or remove them.  Are you using POP3 or IMAP for the accounts you have in Outlook? If you opt for the 2013 version, you'll want to make sure it's your default email client on the computer.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon