Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot receive emails from specific sender - getting blocked??

ANSWERED
New Poster

Cannot receive emails from specific sender - getting blocked??

Thanks in advance for any help. I am trying to register for an online course offered through Instructure company's Canvas system. I must click a link in an email generated by their system in order to verify that I am the true owner of my Comcast email account. However, I am NOT receiving any emails from them. I have tried for several hours last night and today to have them re-send the email with the registration-verification link, which they say they are doing, but the messages appear to be getting blocked somewhere before they get to my email system. I have my Comcast preferences set to not block any incoming emails, and no Spam filtering is active, and their emails are not showing up in my Spam box or anywhere. I just tried re-registering under a second name with a Yahoo email address, and their emails showed up in Yahoo almost instantaneously. The sending email address is: Canvas Network <notifications@instructure.com>. Is there some reason why this would be getting blocked by Comcast? It's very frustrating, and I certainly don't want to use Yahoo for email when I'm paying for Comcast (and generally loving it)! Thanks again for any help or advice. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot receive emails from specific sender - getting blocked??

Comcast Security Assurance manages the email system and should be able to help you with this. Please call them at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/contacts#s5_nav).

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Comcast Security Assurance manages the email system and should be able to help you with this. Please call them at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/contacts#s5_nav).

Email Expert
Moved: