Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot get email window to load in IE 11

New Poster

Cannot get email window to load in IE 11

I can access the Xfinity home page.  When I click on either of the email links (using IE 11), it initially looks as if it will load, but then just spins and spins, waiting for Zimbra to finish the load.  Never does. 

I have already cleared my cache, set Compatibility Mode, adding both Comcast.net and Xfinity.com.  Restarted browser.   No difference.

Email loads in Firefox, using the same method, but Firefox has issues of it's own that IE does not, on my computer.  So not my preferred browser.

Is this a known issue?
Is there a known solution?

Or is this known and a solution still being worked on?

Email Expert

Re: Cannot get email window to load in IE 11

I have IE 11 on my laptop and I can get to my Comcast email just fine.  It's not a large scale issue as  far as I know.  I assume you can't get to the Inbox page right now, is that right?  If so, try this---------

Navigate to the Xfinity homepage.  Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and you will see 6 categories of items.  Under Xfinity Connect  click on "Preferences".  Does that take you to the Inbox page?

Also, you could try using the mobile link by typing m.comcast.net/m into the address bar of IE and then hit return while signed into the account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Unfortunately, none of those suggestions worked either.  Any way I try to get into my email account using IE11, on my Win7 Desktop computer, I get as far as https://web.mail.comcast.net/zambra/mail?app=mail and nothing happens.

The connection icon just spins and spins.

I see XFINITY Connect in the upper left corner of the page, and Powered by Xfinity in the bottom left.

I can get the email app to load with other browsers, but IE, up until now, has been the fastest to load and most reliable.

I have tried it on my laptop, with Win7 and IE 9, which works fine.

Frustrating part is, I made no changes to my computer.  Just all of a sudden it stopped loading in IE11, about 3 days ago now.

Tried phoning Xfinity support, as one of the official posts recommended.  1-800-comcast.

That was a joke!  Tony was very hard to understand, offered no solutions that I hadn't already tried by reading other on-line posts.  His final recommendation:  Use a different browser and check IE again in a couple of days.

Email Expert

srich33 wrote:

Unfortunately, none of those suggestions worked either.  Any way I try to get into my email account using IE11, on my Win7 Desktop computer, I get as far as https://web.mail.comcast.net/zambra/mail?app=mail and nothing happens.

One thing I see wrong------looking at that link you posted------it's Zimbra, not Zambra.  I don't know how you got that.  I'm assuming you copied the link?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon