Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot get e-Mail to work on Comcast with Mac Server Mail

New Poster

Cannot get e-Mail to work on Comcast with Mac Server Mail

I am trying to get Mac Server Mail to work with Comcast Home Internet. Mac Server has its own mail server.

I have setup a NOIP.COM account to keep the dynamic IP in sync, and everything else on the mac mail server, EXCEPT mail, works fine. I believe I have the host name and mx record set up the same way on NOIP.COM and in the DNS on mac server.

I'm aware that Comcast blocks port 25, but my email clients are using 993 (IMAP) and 587 (SMTP), so I'm not sure how port 25 being blocked figures into this -- especially since my other email hosting accounts where I have mail setup the exact same way, all work fine.

Also, the mac mail server shows there is activity when I try to send/receive email to the mac server mail account. The problem? Mail is never actually sent or received.

I'm considering upgrading to Comcast Business, but it would be substantially more money per month. Plus after two years it would be even substantailly even more. Therefore, since this mail account is low volume and really just to see if I can get it working (then I'll probably remove it), I want to avoid Comcast Business. Plus with Comcast Business, you have to use "their router" if you want static IP so I then need to manually configure all the port forwarding rules that the mac router does automatically integrated with mac server.

Look forward to any suggestions.

Thanks,