Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot get Comcast e-mail on the comcast site.

Contributor

Cannot get Comcast e-mail on the comcast site.

I have no idea what happened but I cannot get my comcast e-mail on the Comcast site. The only way I have been able to get it is to have it forwarded to AOL which of course is a different account - but it works and where my comcast e-mail is sent and shows up and I can read and answer it. Again, to make it clear I am reading Comcast Mail on my AOL account only because I had to forward it otherwise it does not and will not show up on my Comcast - e-mail page, nor does it give any indication that I have mail. I have tried everthing I can think of including making sure it is not on the block or delete list of Comcast.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! I will probably be alerted on my AOL site but will come back to Comcast to answer.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Cannot get Comcast e-mail on the comcast site.

Did you check to see if the SAFE LIST is on in error?

Go to your account signed in with your Primary username.

Click on Users and Settings tab, then click on the username with the issue.

Click on Email settings and scroll down to the Safe List.  If the arrow is green, it is on, click to shut it off.

When the Safe List is ON, the only email that will go yo your Xfinity Connect Inbox are email addresses listed in the Safe List.  All others are deleted immediately.

Post back and if necessary, we will look further.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

First off I am NOT Navydaze177 that was changed years ago - I am Doneganart and that is where the trouble is. Your sales person could not even complete a simple transaction when I signed up for X1 -WHICH I DID NOT GET!! I have something else that is more expensive - I have tried everything you suggested - but I am going to make it easier for myself and go on Facebook so I can vent my anger and the facts that Comcast refuses to listen or understand. Heck I cannot send e-mail to my friends as I have to use a very old account Navydaze177 that you insist is me - it was changed years ago to Doneganart years ago. So hint#1 look up Doneganart not Navydaze177 in the accounts. And yes I had to answer this by using my AOL account of Navydaze where this post was forwarded to. It is like the old Comcast account number but without the 177 on the end.

I know you don't care, but having been in Advertising most of my life - I have never seen sooooooo many people complain about a company as they do on Comcast's Forum and Facebook. People are only going to take so much and then move their account to someone else. I liked Comcast - you were a company ahead of its time - but now you are falling behind and people are getting angry. I do hope you fix, not just my problem, but the others on the forum. A good company can only be represented by good service and emploees.

Respectfully.

M.D.

Connection Expert
Moved:

Connection Expert

ATTENTION 

Your post was removed to a secure area out of public view because it violates forum posting guidelines.

Forum Guidelines state >>> clickable link http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 which everyone should read BEFORE making a first post

Please don't;

Post personal information in the forums

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

Your full name
Your telephone number
Your Physical/Mailing Address
Email addresses <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Credit Card numbers
Account numbers
Personal public IP addresses
Modem MAC address and / or serial number
Active phishing links
Other personally identifiable information

Here is your post with the information removed;

CORRECTION: In the sentence Heck I cannot send e-mail to my friends as I have to use a very old account Navydaze177 that you insist is me - it was changed years ago to Doneganart years ago. Navydaze177 was my old Comcast account but I am replying with Navydaze - without the 177 (it is my oldest AOL account). As I said only way I can read Comcast mail is to forward it to AOL and reply with XXXXXXXXXXXXX, such as in this case.

Mike

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Eh, does not matter as you are not going to fix the problem anyway. Delete all you want. At this point I do not really care anymore. Hopefully I can find a more professional company

M. D.

Service Expert

You have mentioned more than once "Also you have been refering to me as Navdaze177 - that is a very old dead acount" "I am not Navydaze177 as you refer me to".

What do you expect people to call you when your forum user name is "Navydaze177"?

You chose that name when you set up your forum account, which was in 2007 according to the stats under your user name, which everyone will see because it is in your posts.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Gee, I don't really know since I have to sign into my Comcast Account with Doneganart!  

Would make you think that maybe, just maybe that is my Account name!

Your turn!

Contributor

I might add that I have been using for DoneganArt for years as Navydaze was my first one and I changed it since then, Comcast has known me as Doneganart or DoneganArt., many years. All I am asking is just put it back like it was so I do not have to forward everything from DoneganArt to AOL to read it.

I will thank you in advance if you can fix it for me! But I would recommend that you find the guy that signed me up at your office for X1 and explain to him how he created a mess with a longtime customer, by deleting my sign in name.

Thanks you,

Mike

Service Expert
Moved:

post removed because it violates forum posting guidelines. Please do NOT post personal information, which your email address is, in the forum.

Link to the forum rules http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forum​s-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

In addition when you are composing a post this is just under the SUBJECT field:

*Body
This is a public forum. Please do not post personal information such as name, phone #, email/physical address or account number.

Contributor

I take it you cannot answer this question of why I have been getting e-mail from Comcast directed to the e-mail address you all of you claim I never had in the photo I sent. Can I talk to someone that know what they are doing instead of playing the e-mail game???

Anyone???

Service Expert

OK, my turn.

Yes your USER account name is Doneganart. The one used for your email address, which you have posted in the forums several times. And simply by saying your account name is Doneganart many times you have successfully told the world what your EMAIL address name is. Phishers and spammers could see it, put 2 + 2 together and figure out the domain to send it to and innundate your email with spam.

Your FORUM user name is NOT the same thing as your USER account name. A forum name is chosen when registering a FORUM account. The person registering enters that name when prompted to enter the name he/she wants to use in the forum.

My FORUM user name is not the same one I use for my USER account (email address) name.

If you want to change your FORUM user name, simply report one of your posts and say you want your forum name changed.

I did escalate your issue to the forum official employees. One of them will reply to you. And hopefully that employee can get your issues resolved.

I cannot contact anyone for you. I am a Comcast customer.

Comcast employees have their names in RED and are designated as such.

Good luck in getting your issues solved. I'm done with this topic and issue.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Well I am done with Comcast e-mail. Bye

Mike