Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot access email

New Poster

Cannot access email

Since we upgraded our plan a few months ago, I cannot access my comcast email from my phone, laptop, or work computer. No, take that back - I can get to my inbox, but it shows no mail. The only way to get to it is to get on the dinosaur desktop we keep in our basement, where it shows all the mail we've received. How can I access it from these other devices?

Email Expert

Re: Cannot access email

On the laptop, are you using only the webmail interface and a browser to try and access the email, or a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having a similar problem with the xfinity app on my Apple devices. On my iPhone and iPad the last couple of weeks, Xfinity has a message that it has made some changes to the email to make it easier to use, and since then I have had to sign into email almost every time.  Many times the mail page is blank and does not work, and it says I have no mail.  I can get email fine at home on my desk top computer, but it's really inconvenient to not have it accessible on the mobile app.

Email Expert

KMark wrote:

I am having a similar problem with the xfinity app on my Apple devices. On my iPhone and iPad the last couple of weeks, Xfinity has a message that it has made some changes to the email to make it easier to use, and since then I have had to sign into email almost every time.  Many times the mail page is blank and does not work, and it says I have no mail.  I can get email fine at home on my desk top computer, but it's really inconvenient to not have it accessible on the mobile app.

On the phone and iPad are you using the Apple Mail app, or just going through Safari and the webmail?  Are you getting any error messages?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hmm, that's interesting.  I wonder if you're onto something here.  I always touch the Xfinity symbol to get into the app, and under Settings, the app is listed as Xfinity Connect.  However, now I'm looking at my phone, and a page appears (often the case now) with a background of a woman standing at a window, and it says, "Stay connected on the go with Xfinity Connect. . .. Email . . . Access your comcast.net or xfinity.com email from your mobile device . . . Get started"--as though I don't have it already and am new at this.  Then when I touch "Get Started," it takes me to the username/password/sign in" page.  At the top it has the web address with the lock symbol:  "login.comcast.net".  So maybe I'm not in the app, after all, at these times!

New Poster

The blank e-mail page occurs when the app says, "Retrieving account information," and presumably it can't find my account at those times.  As a temporary measure, my husband has added my Xfinity information on the generic Apple Mail app to see if I can consistently get access to my e-mail that way.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation