Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot access email

New Poster

Cannot access email

I have not been able to access my email for over 2 weeks now..i can sign onto the xfinity page...no problem....i see the envelope in the upper right that says i have 58 emails.....when i click on the envelope i get a blank white page....in the middle is a blue roller ball going around..in the left upper corner in red is....Xfinity Connect...the page will stay that way and never change..i have left it on for 10 minutes....i have spend over 2 hours on the phone with techs...i have spent endless times on the xfinity page with chat techs...i have spent endless times on facebook with xfinity employees...i have changed my password..i have tried other devices...i have tried different browsers...nothing works...i can access my secondary comcast email address and mail.....i cannot find one person that knows how to fix this...i have had the same email account for years...been a good customer for years....i can't believe that no one can figure out how to fix this.....i am at a loss at this time...i set up a gmail account and forwarded my comcast email to it...i had to change all of my business contacts to the g mail account....there are still 58 emails in the comcast mail box that i cannot access...i would like to be able to get to them...........if anyone has any ideas it will be greatly appreciated.

Michael 

New Poster

Re: Cannot access email

mikeinpdx

join the crowd of users who have been fliped off my Comcast.  they use Google servers and the decision for our troubles  the techies do not know except to make us the users who cannot set up their e mail or in my case Microsoft Outl;ook..  I suspect it is the viewing of asdvertising.

When you set up utlook you are asled to download a plugin that makes Comcast the name of Outlook.

I have NEVER been able to get Outlook to work and have YESARS of experience like 7 years with IBM in support.

Good luck!

A so called techie sent me new instructins for Outlook.  Almost scared to try and I find Comcast tech support litttle more than employees reading from a piece of paper.  at&t does the same thing. they use yahoo'eeeee serferws.

Contributor

I fully sympathise with how you feel about not getting satisfaction from Comcast on what seems like a straightforward problem.

I have been trying for months to figure out why when accessing my Comast email from any number of different email clients

sometimes the the emails spring right down and other times I have to wait ten minutes or more for them to download. The

email client tells me immediately how many emails are at Comcast but then just sits there for what seems like forever.

If I look for them on Comcast's website they are there and I can read them immediately. The Comcast service reps have been of no help whatsoever on this matter which started showing up about four months ago after many years of working correctly

and letting me access my email through several different email clients.

Contributor

Right now the issue I'm having is suddenly port 995 will not let my email app communicate. It is very frustrating because they claim they cannot troubleshoot third party, but it's THEIR SERVER that changed, NOT MY MAIL.app!

Contributor

So, it's not just me MacLady. It doesen't seem like we're going to get anywhere with Comcast,

they'll just say that the ermail service they supply through their website works just fine and is all

they promised they'd support.

Jeff