members

online now

discussions

Cannot Access Email

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 9 (468 Views)

Cannot Access Email

When I sign into email, my email list comes up, but when I click "view entire inbox" it just hangs with the circle arrow.  It also happens when I try to open any individual email.  So I basically cannot access my email.  This has been happening since yesterday.  Anyone else having this issue?

8 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2 of 9 (454 Views)

Re: Cannot Access Email

Yes, I am also experiencing Comcast email issues! Ever since (I don't know if there's a connection) a Windows update the two nights ago, I can access only my Comcast email inbox, but I cannot get into any of my folders, including "Sent." I tried Chrome, and I can access Comcast email via that browser, so perhaps it is an IE issue (?). My Comcast email has been acting strange, and it also appears different: The font is slightly smaller. Comcast, what is happening to email??

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 9 (434 Views)

YES - I just tried the Chrome browser and it worked!  Thanks!

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 4 of 9 (427 Views)

PSB316 wrote:

When I sign into email, my email list comes up, but when I click "view entire inbox" it just hangs with the circle arrow.  It also happens when I try to open any individual email.  So I basically cannot access my email.  This has been happening since yesterday.  Anyone else having this issue?

Try clearing out your browser's cache. Cookies and other small files in there can cause a lot of problems if they become conflicting, broken or expired. When you have done that, then close out the browser and re-start it.

This is typical of the problems caused by bad files in the browser cache.  Using another browser is another option.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 9 (420 Views)

Yeah, IE definitely has issues with that.  I recently updated a website, and my IE was still showing the "old" website, until I cleared out the cache.  But in this case, it didn't seem to work.  I just upgraded to IE-11.  Let me try that.

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-27-2013 01:24 PM

Email Expert

Message 6 of 9 (391 Views)

[ Edited ]

IE-11 is still really new by Comcast standards.  Some people have been having issues with it.  So don't be suprised if something else comes up short.

Just sayin

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 9 (386 Views)

Comcast's email client has historically run better on Chrome - at least for me.  So I will just stick with that, for now. I'd switch to Outlook Express if I didn't have so many emails already saved in Comcast's folders.  I may just have to bite the bullet & download them all.  Between Comcast's troubles with its email client, and the troubles IE seems to always have, .....  sigh.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 8 of 9 (380 Views)

You really don't want to use Outlook Express.  It is now badly outdated, and is no longer being supported by Microsoft.  It has a known penchant for losing lots of messages as it's gotten older.  Check this out------------------

http://ask-leo.com/why_outlook_express_must_die.html

Use something better like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 9 (367 Views)

Thanks for the tip.  I'll check it out.