Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't send group email

Regular Visitor

Can't send group email

I am trying to send a group email to about 50 email addresses. In the past, if there was an invalid email address in the group, I could send the email but would receive an email in my in-box that one of the addresses was invalid. The email would be sent to all of the other recipients. Now I get this message: "The given E-Mail address "" is invalid" and the email is not sent to anyone. I do a "Find" for two quote marks together and nothing comes up. How can I send this email? 

Email Expert

Re: Can't send group email

If one address in the group is invalid, the message won't be sent.  You need to identify the problematic address in the group and either correct it or delete it from the group.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you. I identified two email addresses in the group that stop the email from sending. But when I send emails to just those two invalid addresses, one at a time, the email sends. Also, after the group email sends, I get an email saying that one of the email addresses bounced back because it is invalid. So why would one bad address stop the whole group from receiving the email while another bad address doesn't? And why would an email address stop the group email from sending but then send successfully on its own? 

Email Expert

The only thing that comes to mind is that when the address was in the group it was incorrect somehow.  When you sent it by itself you must have corrected it.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Im having this same problem??? I cant find any problems with any of the emails in the group. If I divide the group into 3 seperate groups, they all send fine, so the emails are all valid. Anyone know why this is happening?

Email Expert

@christipugh wrote:

Im having this same problem??? I cant find any problems with any of the emails in the group. If I divide the group into 3 seperate groups, they all send fine, so the emails are all valid. Anyone know why this is happening?

How many are you trying to send?  The limit is 100 per message, and 1000 per day.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Only 30-40. My email is just acting crazy. Ive been on the phone with 3 techs today and no one has figured it out yet, They are refreshing or something to my email that will take 2 hours and going to call me back.. I deleted a group and made a new group. In my address book i can see the new group and the old one is gone. when i go to compose an email and start to type in my group, the old email group comes up (as well as others i deleted) and the new group isnt shown??? Probably will end up switching to gmail..something similar happened last week and the tech had me delete browsing history and cache. this somewhat helped but now its acting crazy again. 

Email Expert

@christipugh wrote:

Only 30-40. My email is just acting crazy. Ive been on the phone with 3 techs today and no one has figured it out yet, They are refreshing or something to my email that will take 2 hours and going to call me back.. I deleted a group and made a new group. In my address book i can see the new group and the old one is gone. when i go to compose an email and start to type in my group, the old email group comes up (as well as others i deleted) and the new group isnt shown??? Probably will end up switching to gmail..something similar happened last week and the tech had me delete browsing history and cache. this somewhat helped but now its acting crazy again. 

Assuming you are in the new email format, there is a "Collected addresses" feature in the address book.  When you start typing in the To: or other sending fields in a new email, the auto fill will pull from both address book entries, and any addresses you have either sent emails to or received from even if they are not in the address book.  To delete entries open the address book and in the left folder pane click on "Collected addresses".  Once on that landing page you can delete unwanted contacts or groups.

You can enable or disable the feature by clicking on the gear icon on the Inbox page, then on Settings.  On that landing page under "Mail settings>>>>>>>Common" you will see the boxes to check or uncheck.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I guess i am not in the new email format because I don't see anything that says collected addresses??

Email Expert

The Inbox page of the new format looks like this-----------------------

New Email Format.PNG

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

My page doesn't look like that so I guess I am in the old email format. I don't see anything that says "collected addresses". 

Email Expert

If you are in the old format, you cannot access or edit the auto-fill.  It has it's own memory.  Periodically Comcast updates accounts and at that time any contacts you deleted from the address book should drop out.  But that only happens sporadically.  However, be advised that at some point you will be migrated to the new format and then you will have more control over that feature.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation