Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't send emails using Outlook

New Poster

Can't send emails using Outlook

Suddenly I cannot send emails from my Outlook.  I can receive emails.  Just spent 2 hours on phone with Comcast level 2 tech support and he says the port settings he gave me are correct so the problem must be Outlook.  I disagree as any problem like this that I have ever had over many years has always ended up being a Comcast issue that was fixed once I got to a person who knew what they were doing.

Regular Visitor

Re: Can't send emails using Outlook

The same thing just started happening to us, I belive on 5/1718, potentially after a home power hit.  Cannot send any emails using Outlook 2013, but using xfinity email program does work.  All settings including ports are ok (587/TLS).  Get an error message like:  'Send test e-mail message:   The server responded: 421 resomta-po-06v.sys.co',  or also '21 resomta-po-20v.sys.comcast.net CSIIP 74.118.xx.xx is not permitted to send messages'.

New Poster

I got all the same things and after talking to Comcast for 2 hours, the next day the sent ability came back in Outlook.  

Regular Visitor

I talked to Comcast a couple of times, and they basically said it was an Outlook issue and they couldn't do anything for me.  After wasting a lot of time on this, today I finally reset my router and everything else (power-cycled every device), and now I am able to send emails from Outlook 2013.  Something finally fixed itself... 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation