Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't send email, sending error code 0x800CCC0F

Frequent Visitor

Can't send email, sending error code 0x800CCC0F

I just sent 15 identical emails with about 20 people bcc'ed on each one.  Now I can't send any email and Comcoast is giving me this error code.  I didn't send 100 emails or send to 1,000 people, but I think Comcast is blocking me as if I did.

A really weird thing is that this error code (0x800CCC0F) keeps alternating with this error code (0x800CCC1A), which says they don't handle my encryption.  I'm not using any encryption that I'm aware of. 

I use Outlook on a Windows 8.1 computer, and the emal and Internet has been working fine up to this afternoon. 

So is Comcast blocking me because of my 15 emails, and will this go away in 24 hours?  Or is this a bigger problem?

If it's a 24-hour block, is there any way to have it removed sooner?

While I'm writing, can someone help me with the chat function for help?  Every time I try to chat for help, it tells me to wait for someone, and then no one ever comes! 

Thanks! 

Jeanne

Email Expert

Re: Can't send email, sending error code 0x800CCC0F

Comcast wouldn't block anyone for 20 contacts in the header.  As a test, see if you can send similar messages by going straight to the Comcast webmail and try it from there.  If it works, then at least it's narrowed down to something going on with Outlook.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Email Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

I just received an email from do-not-reply@comcast.net with the subject line, "Comcast Email Sending Limit Exceeded."  The body of the email was blank.

Does this mean my service will be automatically restored in 24 hours from the time of the sending of this email?  Or is there something I need to do to trigger the restoration of my email?

I would be grateful for any guidance.  I run a small nonprofit.

Thanks.

Jeanne

Administrator
Administrator

jcavelos wrote:

I just received an email from do-not-reply@comcast.net with the subject line, "Comcast Email Sending Limit Exceeded."  The body of the email was blank.

Does this mean my service will be automatically restored in 24 hours from the time of the sending of this email?  Or is there something I need to do to trigger the restoration of my email?

I would be grateful for any guidance.  I run a small nonprofit.

Thanks.

Jeanne

It should be cleared in about 24 hours. Now this usually should only be happening if your emailing a max of 100, or have more than 1,000 recipients a day.  Lets say if you sent 40 emails with 25 recipients each this will reach the max of recipients a day. There are also times were the system might flag you if you are sending them to quickly within succession of each other. Since it might think you are sending spam. Hope this helps in answering your questions regarding this. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon