Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't send email - Xfinity server issue

Regular Visitor

Can't send email - Xfinity server issue

I am traveling and using Xfinity I can send mail from my iPhone, but not from my laptop - same settings on both, and no passwords have been changed recently.  Error message on testing account settings reads:

Send test email message:   The server responded: 421 resomta-po-11v.sys.co

Error message on sending mail from the laptop reads:

Task 'Comcast IMAP - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC67) : ' The server responded: 421 resomta-po-02v.sys.comcast.net resomta-po-02v.sys.comcast.net Excessive failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not available'
Task 'Comcast IMAP - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC67) : ' The server responded: 421 resomta-po-02v.sys.comcast.net resomta-po-02v.sys.comcast.net Excessive failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not available'

Please help.

Michael

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Can't send email - Xfinity server issue

If you still need help with this, send a Private Message with your IP address (from https://www.google.com/search?q=IP) to employee ComcastAntiSpam at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/5361565

New Poster

You are not the only one that has been having the exact same issue.

I have been trying for a week to get comcast to fix their server without any luck.

Their tech support has called me twice to tell me that Comcast does not support any external software programs.

They told me that I should only use their web interface to do comcast email.

Regular Visitor

Well, for me it's now working. I sent a direct message via Twitter to ComcastCares and this apparently got some action. Good luck!