members

online now

discussions

Can't send e-mail because Comcast server's SSL certificate was rejected

Frequent Visitor

Can't send e-mail because Comcast server's SSL certificate was rejected

I can't send e-mail through Comcast due to following error:

The server's SSL certificate was rejected for the following reason:

Certificate Error: Unknown and unprovided root certificate.

I am using Eudora 7.0.1.9 on two different machines (Windows 7 x64 Pro and Windows XP Pro). I have accounts with other e-mail systems and those are working fine.

Everything was workiing fine last night and for the past year. Note that Comcast had a similar problem with receiving mail that I reported on 11/2/2011. That was fixed quickly last year.

The full error message from Eudora says

Certificate:
    Data:
        Version: 3 (0x2)
        Serial Number: 1 (0x1)
        Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption
        Issuer: C=SE, O=AddTrust AB, OU=AddTrust External TTP Network, CN=AddTrust External CA Root
        Validity
            Not Before: May 30 10:48:38 2000 GMT
            Not After : May 30 10:48:38 2020 GMT
        Subject: C=SE, O=AddTrust AB, OU=AddTrust External TTP Network, CN=AddTrust External CA Root
        Subject Public Key Info:
            Public Key Algorithm: rsaEncryption
            RSA Public Key: (2048 bit)
                Modulus (2048 bit):
                    00:b7:f7:1a:33:e6:f2:00:04:2d:39:e0:4e:5b:ed:
                    1f:bc:6c:0f:cd:b5:fa:23:b6:ce:de:9b:11:33:97:
                    a4:29:4c:7d:93:9f:bd:4a:bc:93:ed:03:1a:e3:8f:
                    cf:e5:6d:50:5a:d6:97:29:94:5a:80:b0:49:7a:db:
                    2e:95:fd:b8:ca:bf:37:38:2d:1e:3e:91:41:ad:70:
                    56:c7:f0:4f:3f:e8:32:9e:74:ca:c8:90:54:e9:c6:
                    5f:0f:78:9d:9a:40:3c:0e:ac:61:aa:5e:14:8f:9e:
                    87:a1:6a:50:dc:d7:9a:4e:af:05:b3:a6:71:94:9c:
                    71:b3:50:60:0a:c7:13:9d:38:07:86:02:a8:e9:a8:
                    69:26:18:90:ab:4c:b0:4f:23:ab:3a:4f:84:d8:df:
                    ce:9f:e1:69:6f:bb:d7:42:d7:6b:44:e4:c7:ad:ee:
                    6d:41:5f:72:5a:71:08:37:b3:79:65:a4:59:a0:94:
                    37:f7:00:2f:0d:c2:92:72:da:d0:38:72:db:14:a8:
                    45:c4:5d:2a:7d:b7:b4:d6:c4:ee:ac:cd:13:44:b7:
                    c9:2b:dd:43:00:25:fa:61:b9:69:6a:58:23:11:b7:
                    a7:33:8f:56:75:59:f5:cd:29:d7:46:b7:0a:2b:65:
                    b6:d3:42:6f:15:b2:b8:7b:fb:ef:e9:5d:53:d5:34:
                    5a:27
                Exponent: 65537 (0x10001)

Regular Visitor

Re: Can't send e-mail because Comcast server's SSL certificate was rejected

I have the same situation, except I am using Eudora 7.1.0.9, and it's worked for years.  Worked last night at 23:00 EDT and now fails with the exact SSL certificate error.  Using smtp.comcast.net on port 567, and If available STARTTLS.  These settings have not changed in a long long time.

Contributor

I'm the same.  Also Eudora 7.1.0.9.

I've never seen this happen before.

Frequent Visitor

I just finished chatting online with a Comcast rep. He was not familiar with Eudora. He did ask me to try using port 465 for sending mail through the the SMTP server. That is now the recommended port. However, the information at http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/ still allows port 587, which is the only alternative possible with Eudora.

I think I'll give this some hours before panicking, however, because port 110 for receiving does still work though it is the second recommendation after 995.

Perhaps I can believe the error message that says the server's certificate is the problem and once Comcast finds out about it they will fix it. As I mentioned, a similar problem happened with receiving e-mail last year and it was in fact a certificate problem. At least that's what I inferred from last year's discussion at http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Can-t-receive-e-mail-due-to-Certificate...

Regular Visitor

You can use port 465, but it requires editing Eudora.ini by hand.  I did that and it still did not work.

As a workaround, if you bring up the options dialog, select "Sending Mail" on the left.  Then change the drop down for "Secure Sockets when Sending" to "None".  Outgoing mail will now work, but it will not be encrypted between your machine and the server.

Frequent Visitor

Searching though Google led me to a solution for having Eudora 7 use any port.

1. Go to Eudora program folder where you will see a subfolder named extrastuff.

2. From extrastuff copy the file esoteric.epi into the Eudora program main folder.

3. Launch Eudora

4. The Tools/Options menu will now include a Ports entry at the end of the list of options.

5. Click on Ports and you will see a dialog box for changing ports to any value at all.

On the Sending Mail option dialog box, I uncheck Use submission port 587

On the Ports optiion dialog box I entered the recommended port 465 for the SMTP server

This time when sending mail I get an error message that says "Error reading from network. Cause: Connection closed by foreign host."

If I enter 587 for the SMTP port in the Ports dialog box I get the certificate was rejected error.

So, I still can't send mail, but I get different errors depending on which recommended port I use.

I can still receive e-mail.

I think I shall wait until tomorrow and see how this develops.

Contributor

Everything in my outbox just sent.  Magic.  Think it's fixed.

Contributor

I lied.  Now it's not working again.  (But it did send 10 minutes ago.)

Frequent Visitor

Still can't send e-mail from Eudora this morning on either port 587 or 465. Same error messages as yesterday when the problem first started. I will try again to get some help from Comcast. I can't believe there are only 3 Eudora users affected by this.

Regular Visitor

I have same problem as I suspect thousand of others who have seen this before but like me never posted, just listened to the dialogue and waited to see Comcast fix it. I did call Comcast first thing in the morning but they said it wasn't a Comcast problem, but caused by the users out there. I told Comcast I had made no changes in my Eudora 7.1.0.9 configuration, just logged in to get email and send some.

Last year as someone else pointed out it was a problem on the receive side but this time just on the send side. For a brief moment this morning it did allow a few messages to go out and then reverted back to the same certificate problem.

Reading the forum for last year, at least Comcast jumped in on the conversation and admitted they had a problem - just the same it went on for days.

Verizon Fios just moved into our community of about a 1000 which is mostly Comcast and my neighbors are considering switching. This may be the necessary push if Comcast doesn't at least admit they are working on it.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for another person chiming in with this.

I spent about an hour this morning in a chat session with Comcast tech support. To make a long story short, the only suggestions were to change the port numbers. I have tried all the Comcast port numbers. Nothing worked. The tech support person said a couple of times to contact Eudora. He also suggested that Zone Alarm or Microsoft Security Essentials is causing the problem.

The fact that everything worked until Tuesday afternoon and that nothing had changed on either of my two computers or 3 Comcast e-mail accounts did not imply to him that anything might have changed on the  Comcast server. He finally said he couldn't help me any further and we bid each other a good day.

I finally did get my e-mail to send on port 587 by changing my SSL setting in Eudora to Never. That turning off SSL at my end lets mail get accepted at the Comcast server indicates to me that Comcast has a problem with SSL configuration on their server. Obviously there is no problem with blocked ports at my end.

I am disappointed that Comcast has not entered this conversation to indicate that they are aware of the problem and working on it or to definitively deny that they have a problem.

Regular Visitor

It doesn't take an expert to know it is a Comcast problem because of the brief moment it allowed waiting emails to be sent out this morning. Common sense tells us that it is unlikely that all the thousands of users at that exact moment made configuration changes exactly the right way to let emails be sent out and then immediately against all odds and incentives changed their configurations and oops it no longer worked.

Since I know I didn't make any changes but rather had my email set to try to send out every 10 minutes it is obvious to me the changes occured at Comcast's end. It also tells me Comcast is working on it otherwise why the brief change.

If the Comcast support staff continue to blame it on the users after the obvious evidence then they must have instructions to pass on bad diagnostic information which is not helpful for customers who innocently waste hours trying to fix it at their end.

Gold Problem Solver

All,

I have notified the Administrator of your problems.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

I have not been able to send email since Oct. 6th.  Have called Comcast/Xfinity repeatedly, calls will not go past recorded message.  My Comcast support page will not load. Have called Apple support.  Can receive mail, have internet.  Just no outgoing.  

Shall I drive to Comcast?  There is no way to get any response.

I'm not on Eudora. (Don't know what that is.)

Two regular ports non-functional.

New Poster

Thank you for Admin. contact.

Gold Problem Solver

RS10 wrote:

I have not been able to send email since Oct. 6th.  Have called Comcast/Xfinity repeatedly, calls will not go past recorded message.  My Comcast support page will not load. Have called Apple support.  Can receive mail, have internet.  Just no outgoing.  

Shall I drive to Comcast?  There is no way to get any response.

I'm not on Eudora. (Don't know what that is.)

Two regular ports non-functional.

What are you using for Email?  XfinityConnect, full or lite, an email client, which one?

If an email client, post the settings you are using in the client.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Official Employee

Folks,

We're taking a look at this now.  Is anyone here NOT using Eudora?  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

We are rolling out a renewed SSL cert among the outbound mail servers. The cert and configuration were tested with various mail clients and SSL verification tools beforehand.

We're looking into seeing if there's something related to the reported clients in this thread (primarily Eudora for Windows) and the certificate authority that may be an issue.

Severin
Comcast Anti-Abuse Manager

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

After some review, here's what I've found...

I initially tested with the latest Eudora for Apple OSX (6.2.4) and it had no problems with the alternate port and TLS requirement. I suspect this is relying on the OS's certificate handling, but it's hard to tell since it's missing many of the SSL options.

I installed Eudora for Windows (7.1) and I am seeing the error message. The error window did provide a "Yes/No" option for whether or not to trust the certificate though. Once I clicked "Yes", subsequent send attempts did not have an issue.

Also of note is the "Last SSL Info" button under Tools -> Options -> Sending Mail. Among some other information, there's a "Certificate Information Manager" feature that will allow you to "Add to Trusted" the "AddTrust" server certificates (ours) that do not show up under the "User Trusted Certificates". 

I believe the issue here has to do with our new root certificate authority not being available in 2006 when Eudora was last packaged with default trusted root certs.

Nonetheless, let me know if you're seeing differences with the versions you're using or if some other fix worked for you. As a matter of security, I don't want anyone to have to disable SSL/TLS.

Severin

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Thank you, Severin, it worked just as you said. However, there is nothing in the labeling of that certificate that says it is from Comcast like all the other providers of certificates so I was reluctant to say I trusted it so did not click yes. Talking to the support comcast engineer this morning did not help as he had no opinion as to where that certificate may be from.

Contributor

I'm with Bob.  I have now followed Severin's directions - and I did accept the certificate.  But in the absences of any prior information, I sure hesitated to do so.  I am surprised that the certificate did not have Comcast's name in it somewhere.

Official Employee

In another area the cert itself does contain our company information as well as the hostname "smtp.comcast.net":

/C=US/postalCode=19103/ST=PA/L=Philadelphia/street=1 Comcast Center/O=Comcast Corporation/OU=Business Center/OU=Hosted by Comcast Corporation/OU=EliteSSL/CN=smtp.comcast.net

The part displayed in the error was the Certificate Authority portion, Addtrust/Comodo. This part is basically who vouches for our cert but is who Eudora didn't recognize. They're role is the same as another company, Verisign, which you're probably familiar with from various banking sites' certificate or HTTPS information.

Severin

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I'm running Eudora 7.1.0.9 (sponsored mode). Severin's suggestion to add the certificate
to trusted in "Add to Trusted" worked for me also.  Thanks. As a retired IT guy I know
it can be a challenge to manage certificates ...

Contributor

thanks Severin.

Regular Visitor

I have Eudora 6.1.2.0 which was working fine and suddenly I got an error message when trying to send mail saying EHLO .....

SSL negotiation failed: Certificate error Cert chain not trusted etc.....

How do I fix this

I have the SMPT port at 587

POP port at nothing and IMAP at 143

what happened?

New Poster

I have this problem too.  I'm using Eudora 6.03

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,

Bruce

Regular Visitor

I was advised to change the port settings to the following:

SMTP 465

POP 995

Still got error, but error connecting to server

NOTHING is working

a Eudora document said to:

SSL Negotiation Failed

Document ID: 2323HQ

Issue:

When attempting to check or send mail, you receive an error message similar to this-

<Dominant>, Logging into POP Server, (or Sending Mail for) SSL Negotiation Failed: Certificate Error. Cert Chain not trusted.  Try adding this certificate to your certificate database for SSL to succeed Certificate Error.

Solution:

From the Personalities Window,Right Click on the Personality in question and select Properties: Incoming Mail: Last SSL Info: then go to the Certificate Manager and select the SSL Certificate in question. Click Add to Trusted.

Now check your mail again. If it still doesn't work, then you will need to contact the Certificate Owner.

However, if the Server does not support SSL or is not configured correctly for SSL negotiation, disable the SSL option by going to Tools: Personalities:. Right Click on the Personality, then choose Properties, Incoming Mail. Set the Secure Sockets when Receiving to NEVER or Set the Secure Sockets when Sending to NEVER, if this occurs when sending mail.

STILL NOT WORKING, I cannot send mail!!!!!!!! HELP!!!

New Poster

Note: I've now accepted the cert.  I'm using SMTP port 465 and "If available, start TLS" as my secure sockets option.  No luck.

What else do I need to do?

Regular Visitor

Got me!

I was just browsing around online for more answers, and 3 of my previously unsent emails just got sent, when I tried to send another, it did not work again. I do not have the opportunity to accept a certificate...nothing asks me if I want to.

Regular Visitor

Suddenly the sending is working with SMTP 587, POP at nothing, IMAP at 143. Go figure, but it is "iffy" service....maybe Comcast is responding? or working on the lines??????

Regular Visitor

Now its off again....what is EHLO????

New Poster

Message 19 by CC_Severin explains how to accept the cert.  Doing so hasn't helped me yet.

Regular Visitor

I have an earlier version of Eudora, so his suggestions did not work. When I look up last SSL info, I get a message that says I have never sent mail using an SSL connection......(and I have), don't know what is going on, but the send is not working again. Here's hoping for tomorrow...oh, its already tomorrow....ugh

Regular Visitor

I do not have Eudora 6 but 7 so this advice may not be applicable. Just the same I wouldo relaunch Eudora then try to send yourself a test email. If it faildear described in first post above then click yes to accept the certificate and all should be well if it is a Comcast certificate. You can verify it is from Comcast after you accept it and perhaps before though that is less clear at this stage.

Hope that helps.

Bob

Frequent Visitor

I followed Severin's advice. I clicked Yes when Eudora asked if I wanted to trust the certificate. The mail then went through. This worked for Eudora 7.1.0.9 (Paid mode) on computers running Win 7 x64 Pro and Win XP Pro for two different Comcast e-mail accounts.

Under Sending Mail/Last SSL Info/Certificate Information Manager I have one entry under the topmost entry Server Certificates. There is a smiley face icon in front of it. It begins SE,AddTrust AB, AddTrust External TTP Network, AddTrust External CA Root. Clicking the little plus sign opens successive indented entries. These have a face with a wide open red mouth. The third entry is GB, Greater Manchester, Salford, COMODO CA Limited, COMODO High-Assurance Secure Server CA. The fourth entry is US, 19103, PA, Philadelphia, 1 Comcast Center, Comcast Corporation, Business Center, Hosted by Comcast Corporation, EliteSSL, smtp.comcast.net.

I hasten to add I have no idea what any of that means. I'm assuming all is well.

Thanks to the folks at Comcast who picked up on this and jumped in to fix it. My hour-long chat session with a Comcast analyst yesterday morning had not produced anything really useful, though I did get motivated into discovering how to use arbitrary port numbers in Eudora.

At one point I said

Me: Is there a higher level technical support person for the mail server in question?

Analyst: My apology but we are the department who handles this kind of issue.

Perhaps the Analyst did buck the problem "upstairs".

Thanks also to Comcast for keeping these forums online and for keeping the old entries from past years. Other companies should follow this model. Not all companies I work with are so generous with forum support.

Frequent Visitor

Seems to be some confusion for those using older versions of Eudora ...

Comcast is updating their certificates - IT departments have to do this occasionally for a variety of technical reasons.  Older versions of Eudora apparently don't have their trusted certificate list updated (not surprising with a software program that many of us use for free knowing there is no support).  But you can manually add to the list of trusted certificates once (as several have pointed out) you can identify it and know it's trusted.  Doing this is the only way to solve the issue - once Comcast has changed the certificate there is no magic technical solution they can provide to fix the problem without user action.

So, per Severin's message 19, if you have an older version of Eudora.

1. Try to have Eudora send an email - it will fail but the Comcast certificate will now be the "Last SSL".

2.  Drill into the Tools - Tools/Options/Last SSL Info/Certificate Information Manager.

3.  Ensure "AddTrust AB ..." is highlighted - this is the Comcast certificate.

4.  Click on "Add to Trusted".  Click Done/OK/OK to finish up.

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Hi Severin

I have been trying to solve same problem in certificate authentication in Eudora 7.1 on a windows vista machine.  I have found certificate in Add to Trusted and ihave added it to UserTrusted Certificates and can see it there.  However I still cannot send from my non Comcast accounts in Eudora.  I have managed to get my comcast account to send from Eudora.    I have my smtp port set to 587, which is only port I can get my comcast mail to go out on - would not work on 465.  Changing secure sockets to never didn't help.    Still getting 5005.1.0 message.  Any ideas. Thanks.

Official Employee

Sorry, I don't quite understand the specifics. Which scenario are you describing?

- You have accounts on other companies' SMTP servers that you send out on

- You have different email addresses that you send through Comcast's SMTP servers

Also, if you could include the full error message text that will help me to assist you.

Feel free to send the information in a private message if you're worried about too much of your information being on a public forum. I've included the steps to send a private message below.

Private Messages (PM’s)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope  screenshot.108.jpg

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’.  A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public viewin the Forums.

The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM.  screenshot.107.jpg

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message.  You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post.  By default, Private Messages are enabled.  You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger

Severin

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hi Severin

Thank you for your follow up.  I have a number of email addresses.   I have been using Eudora with Comcast since the early 2000s successfully and with no problems until the past couple of days.  Again I am using a windows machine with vista.

I have several emails.  I have a comcast account, then 2 accounts for my husbands business, which is tied to his business web name  .......connection.com .    All 3 have been set up for years with incoming mail set to appropriate servers - i.e. comcast account to comcast.net and the other 2 for incoming to our web host server.  All 3 are set for outgoing mail to smtp.comcast.net.   For the past couple of days I was unable to send from any of the 3 accounts.  I finally worked out how to change ports from default to recommended settings.  When I changed port to 587, I was able to get the comcast email to send, but not the other 2.  So I dug deeper, found this discussion and followed your recommendations to get the new Comcast certificate accepted in the certificate information manager.  However I still cannot send email from the 2 business emails.  I tried changing secure socket to never and it didn't help.  I ticked use submission port 587. but that didn't work.  So I wondered if you had any additional ideas to solve situation?  Thanks - Liz

Official Employee

When you attempt to send from your husband's business accounts on port 587, what is the specific error message that Eudora returns?

Severin

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I get a response that the mail from the business account  ... the the SMTP server (smtp.comcast.net) said  550 5.1.0  Authentication required.

Official Employee

Where you changed the port on each of the accounts' outgoing SMTP server setting make sure you also put your comcast.net username and password in.

Port 25 did not require authentication, but 465 and 587 do in order to make it more secure.

Severin

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thanks for all your help.   I have gotten matter resolved and can send from all my email accounts.  I did try that change at one point and it hadn't worked, but it may have been before I had correct port setting.  I tried a lot of combinations before I emailed you.

In case it helps, I was able to globally reset for all email accounts by going into Tools/Options/Sending email and changing SMTP relay personality to my Comcast account. 

Also in case it helps any of your other customers - to change port settings in Eudora, here are links to Eudora tech support:

http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1501hq.html

or

http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2241hq.html

Again I am using 7.1 paid version.

Even though Eudora is an old programme, it still is best one I have used.  I tried switching to other email programmes and kept coming back to Eudora, so I am glad I am able to keep using it.  I am sorry they haven't kept going on that platform with new open source version, rather using  Thunderbird as a platform, which I am not keen on.

Many thanks for your help - Liz

New Poster

Re: Can't send e-mail since switching from Brighthouse to Comcast

Read

New Poster

I just got the *exact* same error as the first post in this thread. Exactly the same. Am on Eudora 7.1.0.9 and Win 7 64 bits. I am on the latest Firefox. All was fine until yesterday. I tried clicking Yes to "Do you want to trust this certificate in future sessions" and it worked once or twice, but no longer. The certificate information in the first post in this thread, posted 10-9-2012, is *exactly* the same as Eudora displayed. Since it failed yesterday, it worked once or twice; now not at all. If I turn off SSL it works, but that is my last resort.

HELP!!

Official Employee

carlmmm wrote:

I just got the *exact* same error as the first post in this thread. Exactly the same. Am on Eudora 7.1.0.9 and Win 7 64 bits. I am on the latest Firefox. All was fine until yesterday. I tried clicking Yes to "Do you want to trust this certificate in future sessions" and it worked once or twice, but no longer. The certificate information in the first post in this thread, posted 10-9-2012, is *exactly* the same as Eudora displayed. Since it failed yesterday, it worked once or twice; now not at all. If I turn off SSL it works, but that is my last resort.

HELP!!

Looks like it doens't know about the root Certificate Authority that issued the cert.

Does this help at all?

https://support.tigertech.net/eudora-cert

Community Icon

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Failure rearing its ugly head again for me today as well. Eudora is still the only email program around that is satisfactory!

New Poster

ComcastDaveL: No, adding the cert per these instructions does not solve the problem. Pretty much entire thread is in repeat mode as of this morning. Something clearly changed at Comcast end. Incoming mail seems to be fine, just outgoing fails. Trying the port changes, other options, etc that are suggested throughout this thread don't help this time around either....

Same as previous poster, newest Firefox, Eudora, Win7 64bit

Regular Visitor

Another prefer Eudora user that gets the certification error when sending and every 5 minutes reading.  Tried accepting certificate multiple times, but failure continues.  Time to get CC_Severin involved and hopefully still has Eudora installed.