Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't scroll down on my Safari browser home page when using Macs - spinning beachball

New Poster

Can't scroll down on my Safari browser home page when using Macs - spinning beachball

I use Safari as my primary browser on my Mac computers and have Xfinity (comcast.net) as the home page. For the past couple of months, whenever the Safari home page opens, I get a spinning beachball when I try to scroll down the page, and cannot scroll down. I don't get the spinning beachball when using other browsers, but I want Safari to work again. Is there a fix for this? I have Mac OS Sierra installed on all family computers - iMacs and laptops - and the same thing happens on all of them.

Thank you.

Email Expert

Re: Can't scroll down on my Safari browser home page when using Macs - spinning beachball

Try clearing cache/browsing history in Safari and see if that solves it for you.  Restart Safari in a fresh session.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Can't scroll down on my Safari browser home page when using Macs - spinning beachball

Thank you for your suggestion. That didn't clear up the problem, so I called Comcast. The customer service rep changed the homepage URL in Safari preferences and that seems to have solved the issue. The new URL is http://www.xfinity.com