Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't receive email but I can send. Help!

New Poster

Can't receive email but I can send. Help!

Email worked fine last night. This morning no email came through. I sent a text email from my work account and it never was received. Yet I can send outgoing emails with no problem. I deleted the cookies and history, didn't work. I changed my password, didn't work either. I called Comcast and they were going to call me back to troubleshoot. Been waiting for a callback since 5:30 CST. This problem is isolated since my husband's email account works perfectly fine. So I know it has nothing to do with our actual Comcast account. Internet, cable works fine. Help!!!
Email Expert

Re: Can't receive email but I can send. Help!

One thing to check for sure-------check to see if your "Safe List" has become enabled.  If you are still on the old email format, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>>Email Safe List.  If you are on the new format, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen, then on Settings>>>>>Mail>>>>>>Advanced Mail Settings>>>>>Email Safe List.  If it is enabled, nothing will get to your Inbox unless you had put the contact on that list.  So if it is, turn it off.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Can't receive email but I can send. Help!

I have Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer on my computer so I can use one or the other for whatever. Maybe you can download the one you do not have to get by for this problem you are having now.