Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can’t get email from domain host uplink earth

New Poster

Can’t get email from domain host uplink earth

I just realized that I am not getting email that is directed to a domain host. I tried to go to their site and it seems they are defunct.  The domain is still good until 2020, but I’m not sure where to go from here.  I don’t think I can get that mail from the exfinity site or app.  Can I get the email from Comcast til I can get it fixed?

Email Expert

Re: Can’t get email from domain host uplink earth

Can you clarify-------are you saying you are not getting emails from someone using a domain that is no longer functioning?  If that is the case there wouldn't be any way to get emails that never left a server.  Or is there something else going on?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Can’t get email from domain host uplink earth

Thanks for the reply. 

The domain is mine. I had it hosted with uplink earth. The only reason I bought the domain was to have a personalized email address. Email went through my Comcast, my ISP, and then to the servers at uplink earth. I realized that I was not receiving email, nor could I send email.  Yesterday I went to their website where I had been able to configure and pay for the service.  It bounced to go daddy. There was a notice that the uplink earth domain had not been renewed. So I figured they are out of business. Now, since xfinity does no host domains, I need to find another host. The problem is that I need an auth code to move from uplink earth to a different host. There is no way I aware of to get that code. 

All I used the domain for was one email address. I’m not a business nor do I have a website to be hosted.  That was my primary email so I cannot access any emails after they failed November 20 or send and receive now. 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation