Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't change text colors correctly

Contributor

Can't change text colors correctly

When I am composing I attempt to change text colors for a word or phrase. I never had problems doing this in the past. Since email was changed/improved it has become impossible.

When I choose a word or phrase and then select a color, the color changes on the text preceding the selected word/phrase and I have to change it back to black. This is persistent and I am at wit's end.

Can anyone help me, Please?

It works here, but not on my Comcast email.

I notice that RICH TEXT is underlined. Could that be the problem?

Thank you.

Email Expert

Re: Can't change text colors correctly

I just tried using both Chrome and Safari on my Mac, and I cannot duplicate what you are describing in the Compose window.  If I highlight one word and change the color, only that word gets changed.  Nothing else.  Try clearing the browsing history, then close out your browser and restart it in a fresh session.  Or try with a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Yes, similar happens to me too - in my case when I try to change the font color anywhere in my email, only the first line changes to my chosen color.  I've tried different things but nothing works so I've given up trying to use color.
The little gear symbol in the top right-hand corner of your email page has a drop-down selection with "Tell us what you think."; same is also found in the top menu bar Help drop-down.   Tell them what you think, be specific & exact.  They surely must be addressing all these bugs for the thousands of frustrated angry customers 

Blackjack55 wrote:

When I am composing I attempt to change text colors for a word or phrase. I never had problems doing this in the past. Since email was changed/improved it has become impossible. 

When I choose a word or phrase and then select a color, the color changes on the text preceding the selected word/phrase and I have to change it back to black. This is persistent and I am at wit's end. 

Can anyone help me, Please?

It works here, but not on my Comcast email.

I notice that RICH TEXT is underlined. Could that be the problem?

Thank you.

Contributor

Phoebe3 - I have since had a Chat session (India) with Comcast, no help - got escalated to Level 2 (Phillipines) same result then escalated to Tier 3 (NJ - USA) who helped with normal  mail inexplicably going to Spam folder (he changed settings which I had not set) and then escated the color problem and RICH TEXT query to Engineering (which I assume is the Programming staff). Gave me a case number. If I don't get call back within 48 hours, I need to call to check status. This all took place yesterday. When I (hopefully) get a fix or resolution, I will get back to Forums and update. Reason for RICH TEXT is that, you will note above top left, that these forum emails are in RICH TEXT (underlined in blue) not HTML and that color works here. Proof is in the pudding. So don't give up.

Contributor

Hey thanks for responding Blackjack :-)  You're certainly made of tougher stuff than I am; after months of the "improved" email program I've become so apathetic about anything being fixed that I don't even bother to call comcast anymore.  As comcast email problems go, the loss of color is one of the least of my numerous frustrations with the new user-unfriendly email program. 
I started using the lightning-fast dependable Gmail for important communications, but I still use the current junky comcast email for some things just because I'm not finished changing my contact information on all the websites I do business with.  
Such a shame comcast users have had to continue dealing with this for so long.

Blackjack55 wrote:

Phoebe3 - I have since had a Chat session (India) with Comcast, no help - got escalated to Level 2 (Phillipines) same result then escalated to Tier 3 (NJ - USA) who helped with normal  mail inexplicably going to Spam folder (he changed settings which I had not set) and then escated the color problem and RICH TEXT query to Engineering (which I assume is the Programming staff). Gave me a case number. If I don't get call back within 48 hours, I need to call to check status. This all took place yesterday. When I (hopefully) get a fix or resolution, I will get back to Forums and update. Reason for RICH TEXT is that, you will note above top left, that these forum emails are in RICH TEXT (underlined in blue) not HTML and that color works here. Proof is in the pudding. So don't give up.