Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't access email online

New Poster

Can't access email online

I am sick and tired of your intermittant access problems over the past month.  It is getting OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I pay a good amount of money for your service and expect it to work when it is needed.  I pay for 24//7 service not service when comcast feels like working.

I highly suggest that you get these problems worked out.

Very dissatisfied.

Contributor

Re: Can't access email online

Same issues here ---- and same sentiments!

Regular Contributor

What I'd like, and I've said this several times here, is for Comcast to come on here to these forums when they know there's an issue and TELL US THEY KNOW ABOUT IT AND THAT THEY'RE WORKING ON IT. Why can't they do that?! I understand that things happen. Sometimes things "go down". But KEEP US INFORMED at least! Jeez. (I'm choosing my language carefully)
Official Employee

Folks,

Sorry for the delay in posting.  We are aware of the issue and working on it.  The issue has impacted a relatively small number of servers, but while we work to resolve the issue some customers will be unable to access their email.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Do you have any idea how infuriating it is when you have a serious complaint to be told that "it only affects a small number," i.e., minimizing your problem.  My comcast bill was raised $10 last month for no reason, comcast email has a worse spam filter than free yahoo email, and now there is no access at all?  Can someone point me to the most reliable competition?

Frequent Visitor

I spent 20 minutes trying everything I know including a couple of reboots, b4 I called Comcast and  was then advised that they were aware of the problem and were working on it. No prediction as to when a fix might be available. (I think it's affecting more than a small # of servers, but that's where opaqueness leads when credibility craters.) A few million times 20 minutes ...tons of lost time!

Bobez

Contributor

I did find, just now, that clicking the email link on the top Xfinity bar (black with white letters on  my screen) did take me to my email while the link under sign-in did not. 

New Poster

Me too - I use my comcast email for all sorts of business and can't use it --- ugh!  Why not just replace the bad servers???  How will be notified when the problem is fixed?

G

Official Employee

This issue has now been resolved.  We apologize for the inconvenience this may have cause and are working to ensure this does not happen again.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I don't think it has been fully resolved.  Yes, we can now get email, but we cannot send it.

New Poster

All I know is that I cannot use the xfinity site for my emails - it goes to a blank page (yes, totally blank). This has been happening for about 2 weeks - around the time I got an email touting the improved email experience. Yeah, not so much - and since the website is where I access my email from most of the time, this is not going over well with me.