Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't access email from my computer

New Poster

Can't access email from my computer

Can't access email from my computer for the last 2 days.My comcast page is working fine, otherwise. I restarted several times. Strange that I can get my email from my iphone.
What's going on?

Email Expert

Re: Can't access email from my computer

What happens when you try to get into the email on the computer?  Have you tried clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I think that Comcast webmail is broken in everything except Internet Explorer. In IE v10, when I click Reply, a pop-up appears, all the fields are filled in, and I can write a response. However, as of today in my browser of choice (Firefox v25.1) and Chrome v31, why I click Reply, a pop-up appears, but the fields (from, to, subject) never get filled in; this makes it impossible for me to answer e-mails from these browsers. I've uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it, but that didn't help. Please fix this problem. I had no difficulties responding in Firefox yesterday. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Here's more info. At the bottom of the pop-up, I first see "Waiting for web.mail.comcast.net" in the status bar and then "Transferring data from web.mail.comcast.net." The address is: http://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/public/launchNewWindow.jsp?skin=velodrome2&localeId=en_US

Email Expert

Try switching from the Full version of Xfinity to the Lite version. From either the Preview or Inbox pages, go to Preferences>>>>General, and see which one you're using now. Full is the default. Check the Lite, sign out of your email and then back in again. You should be in the Lite version now.

In addition, as a temporary work-around, you could try using the very basic m.comcast.net/m---just type that into your address bar while signed into the account and hit return.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks. I've just tried both of those techniques as workarounds, and they are fine. However, I still would like the Full version of Xfinity fixed, please. Do you have any idea when that will happen?

Email Expert

This is a customer to customer support forum. All of the regulars in here or the other forums are customer/volunteers. We volunteer our time to try and help our fellow customers with how-to help and troubleshooting problems when we can. The only actual Comcast employees in here have their names in red, and they pop in and out of the forums on no particular schedule.  So no, I have no idea when all these quirks will be fixed.  The really annoying thing for me is that only some people have the problem.  Others, including me, don't have the issue.  This is true of just about any problem we encounter in here.  I'm on a Mac.  I don't know if that makes any difference with this particular issue.  Maybe it does.

One other thing I'd suggest is that you consider using an email client like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.  That way you avoid all the problems with the Xfinity mail UI.  And there are a lot of other advantages too.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks, Latoque.

I'm a PC/Windows 8 user. Because you're labeled as "Email Expert," I assumed that you work for Comcast. I didn't know about the red indicator. Because I sometimes use my boyfriend's computer, and he's not a Comcast or Windows 8 user, I don't want to become reliant on system-dependent mail readers. However, I really appreciate your great advice and suggestions. Thank you for being so generous with your time and knowledge.

Frequent Visitor

I also can't access my email.   It started last week.  I tried all the fixes suggested on another thread, and for a couple of seconds I could access some, but not all emails.   I 've been away for a couple of days and tried today to access my emails (I was hoping it would be fixed by now!)   and I can't get anything to come up except a spiral going rouind and round on a blank page.  This has been like this for two days.  I'm going to transfer all my emails from comcast to another account I have that works.   'Cause I've had enough of this garbage.  I'm also going to change to another broadband provider too.  

Regular Visitor

It started working fine again yesterday.

New Poster

I cannot access my email 

Frequent Visitor

Do you get an error message when you get to the page where your inbox should be?

Email Expert

virginiawalby wrote:

I cannot access my email 

Exactly what happens when you try to access your email?  Are you using only the Xfinity webmail, or a client like Outlook or Thnderbird?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I cannot get my Comcast email on my new computer now.  I could at first but not today.  I keep getting the message " enable cookioes" but my cookies ae enabled, unless there are specific cookies to enable.  What to do?

Email Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox.

If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled for comcast.net. You will find it in IE under "Tools".

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon