Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't Reply to Forum Post / Double Spacing in Email

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Can't Reply to Forum Post / Double Spacing in Email

I am unable to reply to the post referenced below despite being logged in and the Reply button seemingly being enabled. Pressing the Reply button has no discernable effect. Tested in FireFox and Chrome (on Linux Mint 18.n).

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/double-spacing-email/m-p/1961827/highlight/true#M13...

With respect to the post's "Double Spacing" issue the post states "the double spacing usually is only seen by you. The addressee will see it all single spaced." I am able to demonstrate that this is unture - at least in my tests. I sent test messages to/from different comcast emal accounts. The double spacing is clearly evident to the recipient. In composing the message, whenever "Enter" used for next line, it is double spaced (new, unwanted behavior). Whenever Shift-Enter is pressed for next line, it is single spaced. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Reply to Forum Post / Double Spacing in Email

Hello ScottWelker. The thread you have shared is a very old thread from 2013, and regarding the email issue being discussed, we have since upgraded our email platform. That thread has been locked due to its age and relevance. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello ScottWelker. The thread you have shared is a very old thread from 2013, and regarding the email issue being discussed, we have since upgraded our email platform. That thread has been locked due to its age and relevance. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

@ScottWelker wrote:

I am unable to reply to the post referenced below despite being logged in and the Reply button seemingly being enabled. Pressing the Reply button has no discernable effect. Tested in FireFox and Chrome (on Linux Mint 18.n).

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/double-spacing-email/m-p/1961827/highlight/true#M13...

With respect to the post's "Double Spacing" issue the post states "the double spacing usually is only seen by you. The addressee will see it all single spaced." I am able to demonstrate that this is unture - at least in my tests. I sent test messages to/from different comcast emal accounts. The double spacing is clearly evident to the recipient. In composing the message, whenever "Enter" used for next line, it is double spaced (new, unwanted behavior). Whenever Shift-Enter is pressed for next line, it is single spaced. 

Double spacing is how the new webmail works, and it can't be changed.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastJoeTru wrote:

Ha! I missed that. Thank you.

Of course it's not a great user experience (UX) to have an enabled Reply button that smiply does nothing. Having it disabled or, when I press it, having some indication of why it won't do anything would helpful.

Thanks again for your response!

Frequent Visitor

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

@ScottWelker wrote:

That's unfortunate. From a user experience (UX) perspective this is a painful change from how the prior email client worked. It is quite tedious and is absolutely NOT WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). I sincerly hope and urge Comcast to reconsider or, at lease, provide some visual indication so that what I've authored is what I actually send.

Frequent Visitor

I post this both to illustrate the Email spacing issue (from the end-user experience) and in the hope of providing a stop-gap work-around - albeit a clumbsy and difficult one.

When I compose a message I see this:

ComcastDRAFT.png

If I save the draft and navigate to my Drafts folder and preview the message I see what the recipient will receive:
ComcastDRAFTPreview.png

Official Employee

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:
@ScottWelker wrote:

That's unfortunate. From a user experience (UX) perspective this is a painful change from how the prior email client worked. It is quite tedious and is absolutely NOT WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). I sincerly hope and urge Comcast to reconsider or, at lease, provide some visual indication so that what I've authored is what I actually send.

ScottWelker, thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this to my leadership. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

The line spacing issue is so profound that I am going to have to abandon Comcast's web-based email in favor of a usable mail client. This spacing issue is making it appear to my associates and customers that I am incapable of drafting a proper, clean message. REALLY REALLY REALLY bad form!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation