Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't Receive XFinity/Comcast Email

ANSWERED
New Poster

Can't Receive XFinity/Comcast Email

Hello, I have had Comcast email for many years and all of the sudden it stopped receiving emails on Jan 9, 2018; however, I can send out emails.  No XFinity agents can help yet; they keep sending us to higher tier, but no fix.  I do not have any other email connected. I use Windows 10 operating system and I go directly to XFinity website to log in. I tried the XFinity app, but still not receiving emails. I've tried it on Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox and it doesn't work.  What should I do?? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Receive XFinity/Comcast Email

Can you please check to see if you have any mail filters set up? 

Click on the Cog, then Settings, then Filter Rules. (Spam Filters & Email Blocking)

From there please make sure that your filters are not set to delete your mail automatically. It's incredibly easy to create a rule that is just TOO aggressive. (I know from experience)

View answer in context
Email Expert

Try sending yourself an email from some other account you have like Yahoo or Gmail or something.  Does it get through OK?  If not, do you get any bounce or error message in the other account?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you.  I tried a test email from another account and no feed back and I never received the email to my Xfinity/Comcast.  Thanks for the help though.

Official Employee

Can you please check to see if you have any mail filters set up? 

Click on the Cog, then Settings, then Filter Rules. (Spam Filters & Email Blocking)

From there please make sure that your filters are not set to delete your mail automatically. It's incredibly easy to create a rule that is just TOO aggressive. (I know from experience)

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you!  That's exactly what happened.  I had a filter rule set up that deleted my incoming mail--geeze.  Thanks for your help!

Official Employee

I'm glad that was the issue!

For future filter setup, I always reccomend sending mail to a Catchall folder instead of straight up deleting. That way if the filter misbehaves, there is a recourse. If it works the way you want you could always change it to delete later.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I can not receive my email. Was working this mornig. Now I get A report that can nit display the page.

New Poster

I have been struggling with this problem for hours.  I can send email to my other email account--have no idea if others are receiving my Comcast email--but I cannot receive email.  I have sent many emails from my other account--none have come thru.  I don't see a cog or gear anywhere on the email home page to follow your solution.  I have Microsoft Outlook 2010.  Have never had this problem before and it's serious as I do a lot of business via this email address.

Frequent Visitor

I had the exact same problem with outlook 2010 - Xfinity blamed microsoft and microsoft blamed Xfinity. Bottom line was microsoft no longer supports outlook 2010 so I had to upgrande to 2017. NOW I have issues with xfinity incoming emails getting hung up on synchronizing...I eventually get them but it can be a full 24 hours. And it happens whether I'n n Outlook or on the xfinity app.  If I didn't have a phone (Sprint) I would not see important emails. No answer according to everything I've read here!

New Poster

Our email has been down since about 1:15pm PST
Tried sending mail from other external accouts but still cannot receive anything.

New Poster

same for me. using chrome. i don't receive any email even test ones from other accounts (from work)

@bethhuizenga wrote:

Our email has been down since about 1:15pm PST
Tried sending mail from other external accouts but still cannot receive anything.

Regular Visitor

Me too. I have not received any email on my computer or phone since 1:15 pm.

New Poster

Me too. Cannot recieve emails on my comcast account

Regular Visitor

No email for me since 5:15 pm - 2nd time this week it's been down

New Poster

Haven't been able to send or receive emails since this afternoon. All I get is Error: Failed to load
Messages. Retry. I have been trying to figure out what is wrong for the last 2 hours!!!!
New Poster

Can't get comcast emails at all.  Server times out and/or get message "downloading 24 messages" that never actually download.  What gives?

New Poster

I cant either. Been at this for literally hours. Cant connect on my phone (verizon data) or pc via windows live mail or getting on the xfinity website (comcast internet, windows 7, google chrome). And comcast internet is getting 5.6 mbps.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 14 in conversation