Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't Receive Email

Frequent Visitor

Can't Receive Email

Tried every known and recommended incoming server numbers bur none help. Any ideas?

XXXXXXX@comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't Receive Email

You probably need to post your full settings, but based on the message, I'd look at 3rd party antivirus or firewall tools.  Do you have any of those on your machine?

Regular Contributor

All settings are as they were with the original setup and were working nicely. No problems but a week ago, began getting the receiving error message for four days. In checking email today, no problem receiving. Seems to me this was a Comcast problem in that none of my settings changed and started working again.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I got a CSR to admit last night that there is some problem with email that is not localized that they are working on.  I can't get any more specifics on how widespread it is.  I see multiple people complaining about not getting any emails on the outage detection sites (downdetector etc), but it's difficult to gauge how widespread from that sample. 

I did get one email though this morning (even though I should have dozens), and ironically it was a notification of your response to this post...

I'm glad it's working now for you, still not working for me.